Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    I haven't seen any threads listing the differences between the official release of WM6 and the unofficial one.
    I currently have the unofficial one installed and I am wondering if it would be worth the headache to "upgrade".
    Anyone have any info on the differences between the to verisons if any.

Thanks in advance.

-alex
    stageworks@usa.net
    2.25 vs 2.23
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    2.25 vs 2.23
    ah ok.. thanks..any info on what changed/added between those versions?
    stageworks@usa.net
    The numbers.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Calendar app is a bit different (but I use Pocket Informant). AT&T background on Today screen. More preloaded apps or shortcuts to get apps. I have not yet noticed anything else, but there may be bugs fixed or other minor changes under the hood.
    No backlight issue.

Thats all I got
    A headset icon replaces the BT icon on the today screen when on a call, that wasn't there in the leaked AT&T ROM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks for the info..

Anyone notice any feature that is missing in the new att release wm6
    stageworks@usa.net
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Not yet.
    Did the messaging plugin on the today screen say "no unread messages" on the leaked ROM?

I know it used to say "no unread text messages" on wm5
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Did the messaging plugin on the today screen say "no unread messages" on the leaked ROM?
    Yes!!
    I must also note that I am on day 3 of use, with EAS (mail2web) set up for PUSH/Contacts/Calendar/etc, and I have yet to get a duplicate notification! This has never happened to me before, but I don't know if it is just a coincidence or MS actually fixed a bug! Can anyone else interject here?
    Not sure if the leaked version has is but the att version has the speakerphone button on the screen to push as you receive or make calls so you dont have to answer then push 2 other buttons to get on speaker. i didnt have leaked v.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    The leaked WM6 ROM had SpeakerPhone and Mute buttons - but if you select "disable touchscreen while on call", the "touchscreen disabled" message obscures the SpeakerPhone and Mute buttons :-(.

Fortunately, they still worked (and you can kind of see which one is selected because the top of the two buttons is actually visible. Navigating with the cursor ring and pressing the middle button selected the desired button.

As I understand it, the "official" AT&T WM6 ROM "fixed" this by moving either the button location or the "touchscreen disabled" message.

Can someone confirm?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    That's a negative. It's still very much in the way.

But the good news is you can activate the speakerphone with the D-pad. Speakerphone's on the left, mute's on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post
    The leaked WM6 ROM had SpeakerPhone and Mute buttons - but if you select "disable touchscreen while on call", the "touchscreen disabled" message obscures the SpeakerPhone and Mute buttons :-(.

Fortunately, they still worked (and you can kind of see which one is selected because the top of the two buttons is actually visible. Navigating with the cursor ring and pressing the middle button selected the desired button.

As I understand it, the "official" AT&T WM6 ROM "fixed" this by moving either the button location or the "touchscreen disabled" message.

Can someone confirm?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil750 View Post
    That's a negative. It's still very much in the way.
    Sorry to hear this though perhaps my misunderstanding of others' claims was based upon:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil750 View Post
    But the good news is you can activate the speakerphone with the D-pad. Speakerphone's on the left, mute's on the right.
    As I described, this was also possible with the leaked ROM. You just have to remember which one is which.

The funny thing is the "default" one (i.e. which one of the two is initially selected) seems to vary. But, fortunately, these two buttons are the only two selectable items so it is trivial to D-pad left or right to select the appropriate one.

Now if only my aging eyes were good enough in low light to be able to read the difference between "Muted" and "Active" (see description of Presbyopia for you youngins...