1.    #1  
    Several other users have noted this problem, but it seems that after all this time, the offical WM6 update doesn't resolve the issue.

That is, if you reset your device, you lose internet connectivity until you actually view your connection settings. After you've done so, internet connectivity is back until another reset.

Naturally this is quite annoying, since I automatically backup my device daily. Has anyone else noticed this, or found a solution?

(note, you won't notice this unless you reset your device, and then try to connect...)

As well, the official update still shows the roaming icon, even though I'm not.. and even though WM5 did not. I'm using an unlocked Cingular phone on Fido...
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    If by reset you mean a soft reset then I can report I do not have that problem. In my case, I am getting better connection with the official ROM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebb56 View Post
    If by reset you mean a soft reset then I can report I do not have that problem. In my case, I am getting better connection with the official ROM.
    Yes, soft reset. This has nothing to do with the connection itself, only with initially making the connection. For some reason, it will not accept my default setting for internet connection...

Very odd.
    I have never had this issue
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarnett View Post
    Several other users have noted this problem, but it seems that after all this time, the offical WM6 update doesn't resolve the issue.

That is, if you reset your device, you lose internet connectivity until you actually view your connection settings. After you've done so, internet connectivity is back until another reset.

Naturally this is quite annoying, since I automatically backup my device daily. Has anyone else noticed this, or found a solution?

(note, you won't notice this unless you reset your device, and then try to connect...)

As well, the official update still shows the roaming icon, even though I'm not.. and even though WM5 did not. I'm using an unlocked Cingular phone on Fido...
    This happens to me as well. I'm on Fido as well. Did you have a pre-release version of the Treo 750 firmware installed? (i.e. the leaked Treo 750 cingular version installed?)

And also, does yours show "roaming" when your connected to the Fido network?

One more question, does name display work on incoming calls? It doesn't seem to work on mine, i.e. incoming calls, but the call log does show the name and number when the name isn't in the contacts on the treo 750.
    I had the unbranded version and the Windows Mobile Live that was on that Rom would automatically reestablish the connection. I am guessing because I had the push feature turned on. Since putting on the official Rom and installing the latest WLM from XDA-Forums, my connection won't get restablished when either rebooting or turning the phone off and on. If I don't have my internet established then I won't get my push emails. I went to the official rom because WLM has a memory leak. Bummer