1.    #1  
    I have a new Mac. I have installed pocket mac and cant get my Treo recognised by the software at all.
    Any suggestions?
    Dave
    Try this - it's new, and free. Haven't given it a try myself yet.
    END OF LINE
    I just got an imac a couple of days ago. I'll have to look into this. I understand that a program called missing sync tends to be the sync program of choice.

After looking at the extremely limited amount of info that ical and contacts captures, I'm waiting until I get entourage/office installed before syncing anything.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Yeah, I used Missing Sync a few years ago, and it was ok, but glitchy for me. This new one is free (for now, at least) and does more (I think) than MS does. I could be wrong.

It's been relatively well received from what I've read, but like I said, I haven't tried it myself. I actually have stopped using ActiveSync altogether, and just use PPCPimBackup for backing up my data on the device to SD, then restoring from there if I need to. It's fast and convenient, and restores work well. I had so many issues with AS, I couldn't take it anymore.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Yeah, I used Missing Sync a few years ago, and it was ok, but glitchy for me. This new one is free (for now, at least) and does more (I think) than MS does. I could be wrong.

It's been relatively well received from what I've read, but like I said, I haven't tried it myself. I actually have stopped using ActiveSync altogether, and just use PPCPimBackup for backing up my data on the device to SD, then restoring from there if I need to. It's fast and convenient, and restores work well. I had so many issues with AS, I couldn't take it anymore.
    Alien, were you using entourage or the stock apple PIM?

Any words of advice on the syncing process, at least from an initial setup standpoint?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Well, it was a looong time ago that I used it (pre-WM5 if I recall correctly), but when I did use Missing Sync, I believe I was using Entourage, as I preferred it to Apple Mail.

As far as setup, once I got the USB connection recognized, the sync itself went smoothly. I did address book, calendar, and tasks, I believe (no email). I remember it always getting weird on the connection of the device itself which was the reason I think I started syncing with my XP machine...

Sounds asinine, but make sure you read through whatever steps Mark/Space provided with this version carefully, because although they play together (your WM phone and your Mac) they still need work on their "sharing skills" if you know what I mean.

I wish I could be of more help.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Missing Sync works perfect! Syncs everything. Worth the $$$...
    Quote Originally Posted by WarDogg View Post
    Missing Sync works perfect! Syncs everything. Worth the $$$...
    I agree. Wow. In 5 minutes i had my new iMac synced up. I was prepared to spend hours of frustrated time trying to get it set up. It has a lot of neat syncing options that WM Active Sync completely misses.

One thing I noticed is both that Entourage and the apple address book seem to have only 1/20th of the fields that outlook has. Many important fields seem to be missing, like assistant name, kids, and a lot of phone number fields. Hopefully Office 2008 and entourage will address this. Even Outlook 2002 has much more functionality than office entourage 2004.
    Well, I'm glad to hear that the program's improved so much since I used it myself. Congrats, littlewaywelt - nothing's more satisfying than a good PIM backup.
    END OF LINE
    Im sorry your having trouble syncing, but dont call me mac.

Couldnt resist....
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Well, I'm glad to hear that the program's improved so much since I used it myself. Congrats, littlewaywelt - nothing's more satisfying than a good PIM backup.
    As silly/odd as that sounds it's to a large extent true.
    I had read many stories about how difficult it was to do the transfer, involving outlook->outlook express->3rd party software->global extension edits-> mac.
    The treo did it in one step, taking less than a minute.
    I'm going to give sync mate a whirl, too. It has some features like file syncing that seem to be missing from missing sync.