1.    #1  
    As i notice, i see in the update this program wish i was looking for long time ago , so how do i set-up this to my PC?

Thanks for the info that can be provided
  2.    #2  
    ??
    This is tricky - you have to know your PC's IP address. You have to turn on remote desktop hosting on your PC, also.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelalanjones View Post
    This is tricky - you have to know your PC's IP address. You have to turn on remote desktop hosting on your PC, also.
    Is this going to work through, or around, a Corporate VPN?
    Try this thread with LogMeIn.com

Free for PC & Mobile/

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=157630

Regards
    graylion
    Remote Desktop will work fine if you have a few pre-requisites already configured.
    1. You must be running Windows XP Pro or equivalent. XP Home will not work!
    2. If you have a router you must open the RDP port to the machine you want to connect to on your router, the default port is 3389.
    3. If you have an ISP that uses Dynamic IP addressing then you wil have to setup some type of Dynamic DNS service so that you can find your machine on the internet, as your ip address will always be changing, with dynamic dns someone else always keeps track of your current IP address and all you have to remember is the Dynamic dns name you gave your machine i.e. mymachine.homeip.net. To learn more go to http://www.dyndns.com.
    4. If you are trying to connect to your corporate workstation you will find this to be exceedingly difficult as your IT staff I am sure has blocked any type of RDP connections to your machine from outside your corporate firewall. And although there are ways around this (GoToMyPC etc.) I would recommend you first discuss your intentions with the IT staff before attempting to circumvent their in place security measures as this may be against Acceptable Use Policy and put you in jeopardy of losing your job.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albiemanmike View Post
    Remote Desktop will work fine if you have a few pre-requisites already configured.
    1. You must be running Windows XP Pro or equivalent. XP Home will not work!
    2. If you have a router you must open the RDP port to the machine you want to connect to on your router, the default port is 3389.
    3. If you have an ISP that uses Dynamic IP addressing then you wil have to setup some type of Dynamic DNS service so that you can find your machine on the internet, as your ip address will always be changing, with dynamic dns someone else always keeps track of your current IP address and all you have to remember is the Dynamic dns name you gave your machine i.e. mymachine.homeip.net. To learn more go to http://www.dyndns.com.
    4. If you are trying to connect to your corporate workstation you will find this to be exceedingly difficult as your IT staff I am sure has blocked any type of RDP connections to your machine from outside your corporate firewall. And although there are ways around this (GoToMyPC etc.) I would recommend you first discuss your intentions with the IT staff before attempting to circumvent their in place security measures as this may be against Acceptable Use Policy and put you in jeopardy of losing your job.

Thanks. No, this is not my intention. I'm president of my division and was asking from the VPN integrity side of things. I could have asked corp IT, but I'm not sure I'll live long enough for the answer.
    If you have a functioning vpn solution on the phone then you should be all set provided the vpn solution sets the phone up with an IP address on the local subnet of your corp. network which it should. Then you could just type in the computer name of your workstation into the RDP client on the phone and it should connect you right up as you are already behind the firewall using the vpn software. This is actually the preferred method to connect remotely as it is significantly more secure than an "open" rdp session to your desktop. Live long enough to see it???? You said you were the President of your division correct??? Being a Senior IT Support Engineer I have daily interaction with individuals just like yourself and if any of them contacted me about an IT issue they would not wait for an answer I can assure you. They will usually get an answer/reply from me within 1-2 hours or less as they are the most important people I support and as such pay our bills. I am shocked that as the President/Upper echelon of management you have such an attitude towards this??? If I did this to one of my Upper management CEO/CIO's you can bet heads would roll a very long distance and i would be pounding the pavement post haste. Me thinks you should make some heads roll to get you connected just my humble .02 cents worth though.