Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Lot's of talk about WM5 vs. WM6 and lots of debate on Unbranded WM6 vs. AT&T WM6. But many of us flashed to the leaked ROM and sat by waiting for the official release. I'm curious as to the top reasons why you think the official release is better than the leaked one. Mine, in no particular order are:
    1. Audible Player works correctly (was living with a couple of annoying quirks)
    2. HSDPA downloads are faster (per my real worl audible.com download speed)
    3. ActiveSync connects more reliably
    4. No possibility of a problem if I need support service or help from AT&T
    5, Connection sticks on 3G/HSDPA better (i.e., fewer drops down to Edge)
    What quirks were fixed for Audible?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    The big quirk was I always had to turn off the radio in order to open the library to select a book/subscription with the leaked ROM. If I did not, it would hang. I credit the fix to the updated radio firmware in the official ROM release.
    Three days since I upgraded from leaked ATT version.
    1. no backlight issue anymore.
    2.3gp playback videos configured in Rom.
    Cingular 8125 with WM6 TNT WM 6.1
    Treo 750 with Official AT&T WM6
    what is the proper method from upgrading from the leaked wm6 to the release version?
    Quote Originally Posted by chronster View Post
    what is the proper method from upgrading from the leaked wm6 to the release version?
    I did the SD card method and works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
    I did the SD card method and works fine.
    i wasnt sure if we had to back version then upgrade or could just go straight to it..
    I also had the leaked rom installed and I upgraded the regular way like the palm site says. Couldn't unzip the file with the Vista native unzip utility. No file would show after extraction. I used 7zip to get it to extract correctly. Everything was smooth sailing after that. FYI the Internet sharing still works.
    What version shows on your Treo's after you did the upgrades? Mine says 2.23, not 2.25 like Palm said it should be! I did the upgrade 2X's and still have 2.23, via SD Method!
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I read elsewhere in this forum that with the SD method, the ROM is updated properly but it is not reported correctly. I used the Destop method and all version reporting is correct. By the way, I believe that the official ROM fixed some bugs and tweaked the implementation a bit over the leaked version. The main improvement is probably the updated radio firmware.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    As far as how to update, you can go straight to the official release using Palm's instructions. The only exception is is you installed one of those unbranded ROM releases (guess they are official ones from Palm too) and in those cases there is an added step to prevent the installer from thinkuing you are already upgraded( the installer checks to make sure the ROM version is 1.13 before starting).
    My leaked version was showing 1.13 CNG before the update. I just wonder if there is a difference from 2.23 to 2.25! My guess is it's just a number with no real difference, maybe someone else in this NG knows the straight scoop?
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB