1.    #1  
    Just updated to WM6 but am having trouble getting the Server Connections to recognize my Exchange Certificate. I installed the certificate but, it does not show up when I go to server config to select a certificate. Any help deeply appreciated. I need to sync with my Exchange Server as soon as possible.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if I had the same problem you are having.

I was trying to sync with a new Exchange 2007 server, we didn't pay for a "name brand" certificate so the Treo kept saying server error, and in help it said to open active sync to install the certificate, which was not working for me.

I finally found out that I was supposed to either put the certificate on a mini-sd card or just go to explore in active sync and drop it in a folder on the Treo. Either method, once completed you just go to file explorer on the Treo and run the certificate. Worked like a charm.

I had to export the certificate to my desktop using the certificate export wizard and export as DER encoded X.509 .cert
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick response. I got it to work. I have my settings so that I receive e-mails when they arrive. I noticed that with this setting it shows that I am connected at all times to my Exchange Server. If I change the settings to check every 5 mins. it shows the last time a synched occurred. I am wondering if showing connected all of the time will cause a battery drain. What does yours show?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Mine shows that is connected all the time

I am not an expert on this but from what I understand ActiveSync being connected all the time uses less data and battery life than if you were to check via pop every 15 minutes or so

I think it stays connected and whenever an item arrives the server sends the phone a small amount of data to tell the phone to retrieve whatever changed on the server

Like I said, I am not positive, but that is what I have gathered thus far from reading the forums, I believe it is somewhat similar to how BlackBerry devices work