1.    #1  
    I just saw that the following link was posted to Palm's site back on 11/26! Has anyone downloaded this patch?

Note this is for VZW phones only with -1.22_VZW version ROMS not for Sprint.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...vzn.html#which
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    I just saw that the following link was posted to Palm's site back on 11/26! Has anyone downloaded this patch?

When it comes to patches..... if it's not broke..... I don't fix it
    I've had this issue happen on occasion, so I will try the patch.

I'll report after I've used it a while
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Updated yesterday. No issues. It is just a software update. Does not re-write the ROM. Painless.

WCK
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post

Everyone with a VZW Treo 700wx should do this. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $every$ $VZW$ $Treo700wx$ $is$ $affected$ $by$ $this$ $audio$ $bug$.

This bug is that when on a call long enough for the phone to go into "screen saver" mode (or whatever it is called) and another call comes in and you ignore it (do not touch any buttons), it causes the audio on your current call to be cut off, causing you to assume you've lost the call and have to hang up. Oddly, this bug only happens if you have the Keyguard feature enabled. So, you can disable Keyguard as a workaround (as I did before this patch was available).

Anyhow... another interesting note is that VZW ROM version "_-1.22" DID NOT FIX this issue. In fact, installing the ROM upgrade to "_-1.22" MUST be done before installing this Audio Patch.

The installation is very painless. Basically, just run the CAB file. Just takes a moment.

-Frank
    It would be really nice if they would fix the call waiting bug...the one where, if you hang up on one line the call time keeps running or if you attempt to switch over it will hang up on both calls. After two years of this you'd think they would fix that.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    It would be really nice if they would fix the call waiting bug...the one where, if you hang up on one line the call time keeps running or if you attempt to switch over it will hang up on both calls. After two years of this you'd think they would fix that.
    Yeah, I've seen the "time running" issue. Although it doesn't really bother me.

The "hanging up on both lines", I think, comes from using the "red-end-call" button when you try to switch lines. If you use the "hold/swap lines" softkey there doesn't seem to be any issue.

-Frank