Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Ok, maybe this is old news but I have to ***** because I was pretty excited that the new Mobile Office 6.1 gave Pocket Outlook html support for emails. Then I couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing that on my main push account I set up using an Exchange 2003 and ActiveSync. Finally it occurred to me to test a POP or IMAP account and sure enough those did get through and show the HTML just fine. What the hell...! Turns out Microsoft set up Exchange 2003 to convert html emails into text if they go through ActiveSync. Their new Exchange 2007 will support the html format, but even if you're contempleting ugrading you're going to need new 64 bit hardware!

You basted Mr. Gates!!

I don't suppose anyone's seen a patch/hack/way around this?

<whiiinnneeee> I want my push html emails!

Dude, you are a day late and a dollar short. This has been known and stated in all of the WM6 documentation that in order to get html email via exchange that you would need to be running Exchange server 2007.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrego View Post
    Dude, you are a day late and a dollar short. This has been known and stated in all of the WM6 documentation that in order to get html email via exchange that you would need to be running Exchange server 2007.
    Hence why I said, "this may be old news", dude.
    It's not office 6.1 that enabled html email in outlook, it was wm6. Every variation of WM6 supports HTML emails.

As far as PUSH, there is no workaround for exchange 2003. You can use a 3rd party mail app (flexmail, seven, etc) but I'm not sure if any work w/exchange
    dude you are soooooo 2003 :-)
    While I sympathize, you can't expect older software to support all the new features. Exchange 2003 was never designed to handle html email via activesync. With the larger acceptance of WM phones and higher 3g speeds it made sense to incorporate it into Exchange 2007.

I ran my own Exchange 2003 server and upgraded it to 2007 which was nice. After some hardware failed, I ended up going with Sherweb and pay for my hosted exchange 2007 now.
    Last edited by stroths; 12/10/2007 at 05:22 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses and I think the bottom line is I am sooo 2003.

I don't really think it's a huge endeavor to have the original html email format passed on via ActiveSync instead of converting it to plaintext but I do recognize you retrodate features on an older version forever.

I wouldn't be so frosted about upgrading to Exchange 2007 except for the 64 bit requirement. Ouch!