1.    #1  
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm not sure out of all these posts and the ATT instructions what happens to my 3rd party software with the update. My hunch is that I will need to reinstall all that software. Is this correct? If so, it also appears that Sprite Migrator only moves over the preferences for the OS not any software preferences. Is that also correct?

Thanks.
    You will lose everything on the phone in the upgrade. You could try an "upgrade backup" in Sprite Backup, but I wouldn't recommend it. IMO, it's best to do a fresh install of all apps.
  3.    #3  
    Is there a quick way to copy over preferences for 3rd party applications. For example, I use Pocket Informant and I'd like to copy over those preferences rather than redo them all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsidoc View Post
    Is there a quick way to copy over preferences for 3rd party applications. For example, I use Pocket Informant and I'd like to copy over those preferences rather than redo them all over again.
    Probably, but I'm not familiar with that program. WM is messy, in that preferences are stored in both the registry (and often in several places in the registry) and/or in the App folder. I know it's a pain, but a full, clean reinstall is your best option.
    Ok, sorry to ask such a dumb question...How do I back up my call logs and text's? I use Vista's WDMC, and it won't let me click those options. I use 0 contacts co-incidentally...???
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

In the Windows folder there will be a file called "PalmMsgVol" or something very similar. That is your SMS file. Not sure about the call log, I believe its pim.vol, but let someone else answer first.

Do not use a backup program. After you upgrade, HARD RESET the device again, then start fresh. Save yourself some trouble later by taking a few more minutes today!
    I used a program called PPCPimbackup. I think its a freeware. It says it can backup SMS, but doest do that. But it sure can backup your call log. Give it a google.
    Half-asss tried it, didn't work, doesn't matter, flashed WM6 ROM w/o incident plus two hard resets, and boom, works great.

First observation: It is doing the "Initializing your device", "Please wait while your device is setup.", and :This may take a few minutes" MUCH longer before the initial "Tap your device to set up Windows Mobile" comes up. Normal? WM6 that much bigger than WM5?

Vista is a TON larger than XP, for example, so if it's anything like that...???
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome