1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if there is a push mail service for the 750 w/WM6? I'd like something similar to the BBerry. I was never too impressed with express mail and using a standard IMAP in outlook with a scheduled send / receive just seems to kill the battery. I do not think that my IT dept is interested in running something special on our server, so a 3rd party service might be of interest.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yes, it was in the WM5 version too.
    Yep it's there just like it was in WM5.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    You can set up push email fairly easily if you have an Exchange email account (and the server is set up to support). Can be used to sync up your calander, contacts, and tasks as well (but not notes strangely at least with Server 2003).
  5.    #5  
    I was looking for an alternative to Express mail. Any suggestions?
    mail2web has a free push service that I like
    community.seven.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ehan View Post
    community.seven.com
    Can Seven sync outlook with the 750 over the wireless network? Their website doesn't explain much.
    If you are like me, you would like something that would send your Outlook mail from your PC to your phone. XpressMail doesn't work for me anymore, our IT nazis blocked the port.
    I just want to sync my phone with my pc over wireless. As if my PC is my exchange server. I run a few businesses from home and alll my email goes to my home PC on outlook. I would like to be able to sync the calander, contact etc. with the phone but it seems that no one thinks it is a useful thing to do as I have found no software that can do it and microsoft have removed this option from active sync.
    I have gmail forward all my email to my treo as txt messages. that way the phone does no poll constantly (or any more than normal).
    Zoti, this is exactly what I needed to do, and I decided upon the Treo with Windows OS vs. the Blackberry, because I wanted both PUSH email, but also PUSH my Outlook calendar, tasks and contacts (which I don't think the BB does).

I ended up getting a hosted Exchange server for $6 a month from here: http://www.1and1.com

Then, you have to buy the big-cahuna data package from your provider (mine is ATT and it is $40/mo).

But it works like a charm and my Treo rules my life (e.g., it tells me I have yoga in 15 minutes, or a conference call, etc...)

I love that my replies to emails are on the server, and thus, my emails sent and received are synced exactly like on my PC.

Good luck,

Robin
    Quote Originally Posted by rsaund View Post
    Zoti, this is exactly what I needed to do, and I decided upon the Treo with Windows OS vs. the Blackberry, because I wanted both PUSH email, but also PUSH my Outlook calendar, tasks and contacts (which I don't think the BB does).

I ended up getting a hosted Exchange server for $6 a month from here: http://www.1and1.com

Then, you have to buy the big-cahuna data package from your provider (mine is ATT and it is $40/mo).

But it works like a charm and my Treo rules my life (e.g., it tells me I have yoga in 15 minutes, or a conference call, etc...)

I love that my replies to emails are on the server, and thus, my emails sent and received are synced exactly like on my PC.

Good luck,

Robin
    How many email accounts can you handle and how does it sync with your Outlook on your home / office PC?

I have 5-6 emails I need to check plus sync with outlook contacts etc.
    I use mail2web & just upgraded to the "personal service" which allows you to create an imap account on your PC's outlook. Its only $4.99/mo. & it includes microsoft exchange direct push technology.
    I forward all my account to my mail2web account and use exchance to push my mail. Its all free too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    I forward all my account to my mail2web account and use exchance to push my mail. Its all free too.
    I got my 750 to sync with the Mail2Web account but how do I get my home outlook to sync with my Mail2Web? I can't find any option to do it.
    In order to get home outlook, have to subscribe to the personal srvc $4.99/mo. I did it & you set up your mail2web acct using IMAP protocol on Outlook PC.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    I have set up a personal service but I still don't understand how I sync my home outlook 2007 with mail2web exchange. Can you give a short walkthrough?
    I've made some progress and managed to set up the mail2web account on my outlook 2007 on my PC but I don't understand how to tell outlook 2007 on my pc to sync all the data to the mail2web web outlook so it will show up on when I access it on mail2web.com.

Any insights?