1.    #1  
    I like to keep my programs folder look neat and clean. When too many icons add up, it makes the scrolling slow and if you would say it 'choppy'... So obviously I didnt like those unwanted AT&T icons too much. I installed some apps after upgrading, and it was already getting slower. So, I tried and tried and found out this method to delete, or move that unwanted stuff.

You would need Resco Explorer 2007 for this. If you dont have, download trial version from their website, thats what I did. Install it, then browse to Windows/Start Menu/Programs folder.. there you would see those AT&T Mall and AT&T Music folders, but nothing else inside them, nor any other MobiTV, Telenav or other WM6 native icons. In order to show them, go to Menu->Options->General.. and then click on Browser tab. On this tab, clear all the check marks if there are any, esp the top most saying something like "Hide system files with DLL CPL extention".. Click done, and Dada!! now you see all the icons there. If still not, restart Resco Explorer. Now you can do whatever you like to do with these. You can delete them if you would like, or do what I did.. I just created a folder 'System' and moved all the application icons that I dont use at all, like help, proxy, tour, internet sharing and all other stuff,inside that folder. Then created another folder inside System, named it AT&T and moved all the AT&T junk inside that. So I still have it if I need it ever, but my programs folder is neat as ever and scrolls blazing fast.

Hope it helps....
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Has anybody done this? If so, have there been any side effects or issues afterwards, does it speed up or take less memory? To those who did it, was it worth it???
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It's just a visual change - doesn't affect performance at all.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    It's just a visual change - doesn't affect performance at all.
    So the programs are still there? the only thing is that the icons were removed?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Correct. In most cases, what's there is just a web shortcut, not an actual program.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanx.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Or, search around here and at XDA for the Cappackage threads. Then you can actually delete the programs and get some space back.