1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to block a text message from getting you your phone? I am getting three text everyday from the same number with a message that is basically garbage. I can't call the number so I'm assuming its automatically generated somehow.

I'm also getting charged a fee for it from AT&T becuase I don't have unlimited messaging. Seems minor but 3 texts a day times 30 days a month can add up.
    Yes, please help, I'm getting the same.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Have you called AT&T on the problem? I would think they could block all text messages (believe that did that for a relative with a teenage son) and maybe even give you credit for those you have received.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebb56 View Post
    Have you called AT&T on the problem? I would think they could block all text messages
    Yep, that's all you have to do. Just give AT&T a call and have them block all text messages.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    You might want to check out MagiCall, by Mobiilon (?) software. It's a call and SMS blocker with pretty flexible rules, etc.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Yeah, that is what AT&T will do - they will not block a text message [sender] - they will only block all text messages. That is exactly what they told me.

I had a problem with some dumba$$ sending me text messages 30 times a day. I finally called the SOB up and told him to stop.
  7.    #7  
    I see. Thats gonna be a problem then because I still want to receive text but not from this one number. I'll try calling AT&T anyways to see what they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan081 View Post
    Anyone know how to block a text message from getting you your phone? I am getting three text everyday from the same number with a message that is basically garbage. I can't call the number so I'm assuming its automatically generated somehow.

I'm also getting charged a fee for it from AT&T becuase I don't have unlimited messaging. Seems minor but 3 texts a day times 30 days a month can add up.
    Are you using Xpress Mail, by chance?
  9.    #9  
    Yes, why? I Xpress mail sending me stuff? Do you get the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan081 View Post
    Yes, why? I Xpress mail sending me stuff? Do you get the same?
    There is an issue, iirc, about XPress Mail sending those texts. They are transparent normally (i.e. when you have a data signal), but if, for some reason your phone won't recieve the email that is being pushed, the text shows up in the SMS inbox. Mine has done it a couple times, ususally at the same point on the highway during my commute when I am between Orlando and the coast here in Florida, where the cell coverage is a bit lacking.
    Look around on the AT&T support forums, or do a google search with the number that the text came from, you'll find some info there.