1.    #1  
    ...I'm still pretty new here so excuse me if this is a simple problem. (For the record, I did search - a lot.)

My Treo 700wx will not turn "off" on its own after a set amount of time - ever. The screen will not turn off after 1 minute like it's supposed to and the backlight will not turn off after 10 seconds like it's supposed to. Nothing will go off UNLESS I press the red button.

Changes I have recently made would be installation of:

Alarm Clock
    Treo Alerts
    Google Maps
    Magic Button
    Lexi-Comp

Any suggestions?
    None of those apps sound like they should do anything like that, but have you checked in your settings? Go into Settings > System, and check backlight, and advanced battery settings.

See what the times are set at, and you can adjust to your liking. I usually do a soft reset after changes like that to make sure they stick!
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, those settings are set at 10 seconds and 1 minute as I mentioned. I've also done a soft-reset.
    Wow...OK...you got me....sorry I couldn't help. The more I look at your list, I guess Treoalert may have some impact on it, but I doubt it.

Sorry again, and good luck....I am sure you will get more suggestions, I have done a lot of problem solving in here!!!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your help already. I deleted Treo Alert this afternoon and preformed another soft reset without any luck.

Right now my phone is alerting me every 10 minutes or so that it only has 10% battery left. This normally would be a nice feature, but now it is only another excuse for my screen to turn on (and never turn off).

I intend to take this to my retailer this week and ask for a shiny new unit. They'll likely try to blame me, but that won't last long.
    I would definetly do that, and your right...don't let them tell you it is your fault. I would do a hard reset (for one...to get all your information off) and give it to them like that. Let them tell you it's your fault when it is in 'out of the box' condition!!!!!!

P.S. If they do try that, make them show you HOW it's your fault....you may not get a new device, but at least your current one will be working!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I would definetly do that, and your right...don't let them tell you it is your fault. I would do a hard reset (for one...to get all your information off) and give it to them like that. Let them tell you it's your fault when it is in 'out of the box' condition!!!!!!

P.S. If they do try that, make them show you HOW it's your fault....you may not get a new device, but at least your current one will be working!!!!
    That assumes he can replicate it after a hard reset when it's in out of the box condition. This sounds more like a 3rd party conflict issue to me. Phone alarm has certainly been known to do some strange things.

Notreknip, have you tried a hard reset?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  8.    #8  
    Well, it's not doing it today. (But it still may tomorrow - who knows.)

I did uninstall Treo Alert and re-installed it, but I'm not sure if this affected anything.