1.    #1  
    Okay so I tried to update via the sync cable and it hung and told me to soft reset and try again. Same thing a second time.

I then tried the sd card method and when I started the install my Treo told me my card was not formatted FAT 32--which I have seen others report and I know is not the case. I even reformatted my card and installed the files per the instructions and got the same message again.

Finally I figured what the heck and just used the boot loader method and held the PTT button and reset and let the process work that way. Install went fine and my firmware version now reports 1.54.27 and I even have Office 6.1 on my device.

However my software version still shows as TREO750-1.13-CNG. Anybody have a clue why this is. I am thinking the bootloader method did update something minor but all else is there.

Is there a way to finish this off re-do?

Thanks and sorry if this is covered in one of the threads but I searched and could not find this type of instance.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I believe that if you use the bootloader method that it does not update the software version. Seems be be a bug. Happened to me when I did updated to the leaked ATT ROM a few months ago. I think that you can use the PC updater and it will fix the version number, however I don't think that there is any real benefit to doing this other than making the number correct.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pderosa View Post
    I believe that if you use the bootloader method that it does not update the software version. Seems be be a bug. Happened to me when I did updated to the leaked ATT ROM a few months ago. I think that you can use the PC updater and it will fix the version number, however I don't think that there is any real benefit to doing this other than making the number correct.
    Probably a dumb question but how do I use the pc updater, isn't that Palm's first method that hung on me the first times I tried it--do you think it might work now?

Also, do you think I am correct that all the other software was updated?
    Last edited by Dsol; 12/06/2007 at 11:43 AM.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I have traded my HTC P3600 directly with the 750v, and so far in terms of usability its so much better.
    However the 750v previous owner had installed the Crossbow update (dont know wich one) and some days after a hard-reset it starts acting realy weird, because, when I turn the screen off, it immediatly turns itself back on. Only after a few tries, it successfully turns off. However, minutes later it turns itself back on again...

I am also getting a lots of problems with data connections, since these start to become unresponsive, and only after a soft-reset I can reconnect.

Does anyone have the same problem? Could this be from the leaked version of Crossbow? where can I get the official version?

Thanks in advance
    Nuno
    Portugal
    Last edited by NunoLuz; 12/06/2007 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Okay so I tried to update via the sync cable and it hung and told me to soft reset and try again. Same thing a second time.

I then tried the sd card method and when I started the install my Treo told me my card was not formatted FAT 32--which I have seen others report and I know is not the case. I even reformatted my card and installed the files per the instructions and got the same message again.

Finally I figured what the heck and just used the boot loader method and held the PTT button and reset and let the process work that way. Install went fine and my firmware version now reports 1.54.27 and I even have Office 6.1 on my device.

However my software version still shows as TREO750-1.13-CNG. Anybody have a clue why this is. I am thinking the bootloader method did update something minor but all else is there.

Is there a way to finish this off re-do?

Thanks and sorry if this is covered in one of the threads but I searched and could not find this type of instance.
    I had a similar install problem and reinstalling ActiveSync is what finally fixed it. After that I got through the install completely and it updated the firmware.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Dsol - If you had problems updating through Activesync, then I'm not sure if it is worth trying again. I can tell you that I was using the ROM for a couple of months with the wrong software version listed and I could find nothing wrong. If I were you I would be safe and just live with the version number not displaying correctly. Although I'll be the first to admit that it was driving me nuts and I was happy to see that it was corrected when I applied the Palm official update yesterday.

NunoLuz - The problem that you are describing has to do with the brightness setting on the phone. You have to keep it set at the 4th mark or higher and the mysterious turning on will not occur. If you update to the Official WM6 from ATT this problem no longer exists.
  7.    #7  
    I "repaired" my active sync 4.5 and although I don't think it did anything I was able to use the pc update method finally. Interestingly, midway through the update I got the "found new hardware" message on my pc and had to let it install the HTC device. It then went the entire way through. I now show s/w version 2.25 and all seems to be okay.

Thanks for the help.