Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How do you like WM6 compared to WM5?? How better or worse is battery life, software responsiveness, device speed, waking-up time, internet browsing, user interface etc?? How do you like WM6 on your treo so far?? Share your excitements and gripes here.
    I haven't had to reboot but maybe once since I put WM6 on there (a few weeks ago), whereas I was doing it a couple of times a week with WM5. The OS windows and menus seem to be faster, more responsive and all applications seem to launch faster.

I know it is better.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Battery life seems way better. I can go 12 hours, and still have 50% battery life left. That's with light usage(internet usage, several text messages, listening to music, and 2 phone calls).
    Battery life is better, download speeds improved, and haven't had the need for any sort of reset (then again, it's only been two days).

I could have lived without some of the ATT plugs but has anyone tried the XM Radio? I take it that this allows your 750 to play XM?
    I don't understand why my phone seems to wake up slower and drain the battery faster. I pretty much only have goodlink on it and yet when I hit the power button the screen lights up kind of in stages. The top and bottom bars come on first then the today screen loads up. It takes roughly just shy of a full second to completely come on. Not instaneously at all. Battery life is definitely no better and probably worse. I'm going to test it today and see how long it lasts with average use.
    Other than the upgrade in appearance and possibly a slightly faster opening of the start menu, I seriously don't notice one single improvement!

And, I've already tried two hard resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    I take it that this allows your 750 to play XM?
    Yeah, but you have to pay for XM. They will let you do it for free for a while (30 days, I think?) then you have to pay. Just like in a new car.

Why bother with that? I found this link, and it has links to all the streaming radio stations in the country (see, here it is set for KY):
    http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/?state=KY

I just stream music into my headphones.

Just click it, make a Favorite, and then copy that favorite to your Mobile Favorites, sync, and you are done.
    Overall - a fantastic upgrade - much faster with better battery life. I added Spb Pocket Plus 4.0.1 and the latest CORE player plus a few games and everything is working great. BTW between WMP and CORE all the streaming formats seem to play just fine.

Wizbang
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Been using WM6 for a while now and there's really no comparison between the two OSes... WM6 is leaps and bounds ahead of WM5 in terms of battery life, RF, stability and, ofcourse, the inbuilt upgrade to HSDPA!

I'm so glad I flashed to WM6 the day it was posted on XDA!
    After almost a year, I can finally get into my BMW and have my bluetooth car kit link up with the 750 without having to wake it up. Plus it stays connected and the signal strength indicator works. All the bugs I dealt with in WM 5.0 have been fixed (sound, sd card, dun, bt) Now I can finally really enjoy the phone and all its capabilites. The wait was much too long, but I am finally happy to have a great phone.
    You Tube Mobile now works!!!!
  11. umc
    I'm going to copy and paste what I posted over in the ATT forums just to save a bit of time but I've been having some issues in the first 24 hours of having WM6 here. Not sure if it's the WM6 or if I need to do a hard reset and would like some suggestions as well.

I think I'm going to switch to a bag phone, do they still make those?

My upgrade went fine yesterday but I'm noticing issues today of which the biggest one is that I'm not being notified of voice mails and if I am, if I dismiss the notification I lose the icon up top that there is still a voice mail that hasn't been checked. You know, the icons at the very top of the phone that tell you if you have a VM or text?, that disappears, never did this in WM5, not sure if it's a bug or an issue with mine. Also, when I do check voice mail sometimes when I click on the link for the voice mail it will dial a completely different number, such as someone in my contacts but that is also on my speed dial.......

Also, when I click on call log it takes me to a random caller and not the overall calls, this is not every time but enough. I noticed that the call log is done different now, kind of like the threaded text which I like but I don't see an option as before to set how long I want to keep calls in the call log, maybe it's just set to forever now?

Other than those issue which I consider big issues, it seems to run slow, I get the "hourglass" a whole heck of a lot, and just in doing simple things, even with everything closed out, not just minimized. Last issue is that video in Windows Media Player is choppy......

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr I say.

If these issue are just happening to me then I'll probably do a hard reset this weekend but can someone confirm if they're having any of the above issues please? Even if you haven't noticed them yet, try checking for me.
    My impressions so far, not so good on those notes, however that being said I can read my memory card whenever I want without having to reset it every five minutes.
  12. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Today will be my first full day of use since the update so I'll reserve final judgement for a later time. For now:

1. Update itself went smooth and without a hitch.
    2. HSDPA! Woohoo!
    3. Signal strength bars now show up on my Infiniti M45 screen.
    4. Bloothtooth connectivity *seems* stronger. I didn't have problems before.
    5. I like the appearance and the phone seems to be pretty stable.
    The installation was good

the appearance looks nice,
    battery life last more now
    the email now is more easer to set and g mail users like me don't have that, thing
    when you goo to see the emails they just disappears so far so good the wait was for me also

i see that the speed between actions is a lit bit faster
  14.    #14  
    Did the update. Was a little skeptic, but thank God, it went absolutely fine.
    Love the look of WM6 so far.
    Its a tad bit faster than WM5.
    Love the newly designed phone app. Call logs are done beautifully.
    All is good, though I miss the original "click" sound when pressing the windows key.

Three main issues so far:
    Sometimes, after a soft reset, the program that are installed on storage card, icons for those dont show up in todays menu. I have to go to settings->Menu and press OK to get them back.
    I use iLauncher. The X button on the iLauncher task manager goes hidden for some wierd reason sometimes.
    And voicemail icon hides after dismissing the prompt.

Overall - Happy
  15. umc
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Did the update. Was a little skeptic, but thank God,

Three main issues so far:
    Sometimes, after a soft reset, the program that are installed on storage card, icons for those dont show up in todays menu. I have to go to settings->Menu and press OK to get them back.
    I use iLauncher. The X button on the iLauncher task manager goes hidden for some wierd reason sometimes.
    And voicemail icon hides after dismissing the prompt.

Overall - Happy
    I have the same issue with the start menu and programs stored on the card, it still shows up but not with the program symbol, I can live with that I guess. I had this problem with WM5 but thought it was because my phone wouldn't recognize my card.

As far as the voicemail icon hiding after dismissing the prompt go into settings and sounds and notifications and make sure that it's set to display message on the screen. Mine wasn't and was doing the same thing, after I switched it, it's sticks now. I also had the same problem with email and messaging with those check boxes not checked as I thought they were for the popup you would get at the bottom of the screen which I think they were with WM5.

Let us know if that does it.
    Has anyone else gotten astronomically improved battery life after going to WM6?

With average use (a few calls, checking email reqularly), my battery used to last three days before needing to be charged. The pace the battery is depleting now, I may be able to last a week without recharging.

I'm pleased with the update but really wish I could retrieve my work email (exchange server w/bberry push). I could if I kept my laptop running at work but that's not going to happen.
    Any one uses BT A2DP with the new WM6 upgrade yet?

What is the quality achieved after WM6?
    Seems that other device which had the WM6 upgrade has all experienced better A2DP quality. I am contemplating of getting a Treo750, this is one of the consideration factor as I uses A2DP alot.
    calancaster, you say youtube mobile works? Does not work on mine. Only work with the flash library and tcpmp installed.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    One thing I have not seen anyone mention is the change of connection icon. In the leaked ROMS everyone said that the G & U had changed to E & H. I noticed that I also get an icon with '3G', which changed to H when the phone is actually exchanging data, nifty!
    Last edited by magicman; 12/10/2007 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling correction in title
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
    The 'My Location' feature of Google Maps does not work if connected via HSDPA
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast