Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    so i take it that none of the hacks from WM5 work for WM6? for example, the "disable proxy" hack for the browser....?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by battreo View Post
    so i take it that none of the hacks from WM5 work for WM6? for example, the "disable proxy" hack for the browser....?
    Why hack it the 750 wm6 rom comes with a tool that you can use to disable it at will.
    In Geological time Very, Very, Very, Very, Very Soon does mean 6months to 2 years.
  3.    #23  
    Noticed another problem just today with the WM6 ROM. Whenever a call comes, my bluetooth headset buzzes indicating the call, but button located on headset doesnt connect the call. Have to do it thru the phone itself, and when I do, call is not transferred to headset. I have to click on Menu->Connect headset button to transfer the call to headset. Pretty annoying since I get many calls a day. Anyone else noticed this thing??
  4. umc
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Noticed another problem just today with the WM6 ROM. Whenever a call comes, my bluetooth headset buzzes indicating the call, but button located on headset doesnt connect the call. Have to do it thru the phone itself, and when I do, call is not transferred to headset. I have to click on Menu->Connect headset button to transfer the call to headset. Pretty annoying since I get many calls a day. Anyone else noticed this thing??

Don't want to say it's your headset but maybe a combination of things???

My little samsung bluetooth headset works just fine, I can push the button on the headset and answer the call as well as talk to whoever right away. In other words, no issues here so I don't think it's WM6, or not entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Has anyone else gotten astronomically improved battery life after going to WM6?

With average use (a few calls, checking email reqularly), my battery used to last three days before needing to be charged. The pace the battery is depleting now, I may be able to last a week without recharging.

I'm pleased with the update but really wish I could retrieve my work email (exchange server w/bberry push). I could if I kept my laptop running at work but that's not going to happen.
    Yes, my battery life is loads better too.

Regarding your email, why can't you get it? We also have a mixed environment of Blackberry and WM devices. The Blackberry devices get theirs via push from the BES, and the WM devices connect directly to Exchange.

Ask your IT if their is a web address for Outlook Web Access. It will typically be something like exchange.yourcompany.com or OWA.yourcompany.com. Plug that address into your activesync setup with appropriate username and password and your done.

So long as the exchange server is at least 2003 or newer, Microsoft Pushmail is built in.

Hope that helps.

BTW- running the unbranded WM6 version and I AM LOVING IT!!!!
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12