1.    #1  
    I usually don't sync with Outlook because I like to keep desktop and phone stuff seperate, but my contacts are not organized consistently. So I am now going to have to sync them. I'm considering perhaps upgrading my Outlook version for smoother syncing with WM6. I'm assuming 2007 is best for WM6, but I really liked 2003. And I also have an old 2002 version, although that may not work at all with WM6.

What's your experience? Should I just stay on 2003 or go to 2007? People keep saying 2007 will throw off 2003 users though, due to drastic changes. I have a trial version I can try, but 2003 really has worked for me. But if I upgrade to Vista(still using XP Pro), 2003 may not even work anymore.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Diva, I've been using OutQQ 2007 for a long time now; syncing WM6 and Palm with no problems; but on XP- havent upgraded to Vista yet.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!

If you ever used 2003, how much really changed? People sound like 2007's been remade entirely from reviews.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I think you are missing out if you don't subscribe to an Exchange hosting service. Push email, OTA sync of Email/Calendar/Tasks/etc. I haven't physically connected my 700wx to my laptop in months. I think many of them even include Outlook 2007 free of charge.

It is also possible that you can configure your hosted Exchange account to pull emails from other email accounts so you don't have to worry about change your email address.

Sorry for the complicated advice about a simple question.
    I use a Treo 750 loaded with WM5. I've been syncing with Outlook 2007 for the 3 months I've had the Treo, and there are no problems at all (and I sync with a desktop and a notebook). In fact, I think the integration is even better than with Palm OS on my old 650. I run a small business so I don't have Exchange Server. Email setup was a breeze, but as opposed to push mail, I choose when I connect. No crackberry habits for me!

As for Outlook 2007, it's true what they say - it's radically different than 2003 and earlier versions. I upgraded because several clients were moving to Office 2007 and the file format is different. Once you get used to the interface it's quite simple and I'm very happy with it (been a 2007 user since March of this year). I still think Vista ships with Outlook Express, although I've never looked.

Cheers
    Palm Vx> Treo 270> Treo 650> Treo 750>Treo Pro
    I would suggest you avoid Vista unless you absolutely have to. I used it for several months and after the novelty wore off, I realized I had a bloated slow system. I also ran into incompatibilies with hardware and software where I would either have to buy an upgrade or go without it.

I "upgraded" to XP again and my system has never ran better. I chose a custom version of XP called "Black XP 4.10" that someone made to look like Vista, but perform like XP. Another good one (so I've heard) is "Tiny XP Platinum 2" which also is XP that has enhancements to look like Vista.

As for Outlook 2007, I use it with Exchange 2007 and my phone and I really like it. Unlike the other Office 2007 apps, it doesn't force the new Office Ribbon down your throat. It still relies on the standard menus you are use to from previous office versions (File, Edit, View, etc) in most screens. I wish they would have left those menus as an option in addition to the ribbon with the other Office 2007 apps, but I digress.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  7.    #7  
    I wonder if the new Vista computers let you run both OS since they all seem to be dual core? I think they finally got XP stable, and now I don't feel like going through the roller coster again, LOL!

Thanks for the 2007 recommendation all! I will install the trial and see how it goes.