Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I was running the leaked WM6 on a previous treo 750 and had tomtom working just fine. Coincidently I had to replace my treo 750 yesterday for a warranty issue. So upgrade to the official WM6 on the new device and installed tomtom. It now says my product code cannot activate my map. I have gone to ttcode.com and entered the product code, but the right Device Code doesn't show up in step 2. Anyone know if my product code is registered to the wrong device and how to change that? I have tried uninstalling tomtom home and removed from my phone and reinstalled and still having the activation issue.

Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Both the warantee phone and the official WM6 ROM will cause Tom Tom to have a new device code. Tom Tom only allows you two device codes before they reject your activation. So, obviously you have exceeded their limit. The solution is to call customer service (Tom Tom's), explain the situation and they will either (1) authorize a third device code or (2) issuie you a new product code. I was in that situation with the leaked ROM and and they fixed it quickly.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    More accurately I meant to say Tom Tom see the phone's new device code, and not Tom Tom have a new device code.
    TomTom gave me a hard time with that. First they asked me to fax a receipt for the Navigator product and call back. I did that, but the person I spoke with next said he needed a receipt for the Treo as well. I had to spend a couple hours finding and faxing the receipts...pain the a$$.

G
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I may have had to send them the TomTom receipt too, can't remember for sure. But if I did it was via email with an attachment. I may have been lucky because the rep I dealt with was good. He gave me a third device code for my product code to get it working right away AND issued me a new product code because I told him I would be flashing the ROM again when Palm released the official WM6 ROM.
    The tech at TomTom told me that TT6 is not supported on the Treo 750 with WM6 . He said some may get it to work, while others will not. Either way your're on your own. I also have it working with the leaked rom, but I wanted to check with TT as the official upgrade page suggested.
    He did say that as long as I had my code card they would issue the needed device code.

This is from their FAQ section:
    Question
    Why is NAVIGATOR 6 support for Windows Mobile® 6 limited to some HTC devices?

Answer
    The reason why NAVIGATOR 6 is not supported on all Windows Mobile 6 devices is due to our global partnership with HTC, as a supplier of pre-installed Navigation Software for their GPS-enabled devices.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Well I can tell you from personal experience yhat TomTom Navigator 6 works well with WM6 on a Treo 750.
    I've been running TT Nav 6 with WM6 and if anything it runs better with WM6 than it did with WM5. For example, occassionally with WM5, TTN6 would cause the hard volume buttons on the side to stop working. WM6 seems to fix this.

G