1.    #1  
    For those who gripe about the forced wap.cingular proxy that the wm5 implementation had, the wm6 allows you to disable it when you use another apn.

This is good for those of us who

1- Ocasionally use another sim, especially when travelling
    2- Rather use isp.cingular apn for the faster speeds (and our plans allow it).

Actually, that's just for me... In any case, vs. unbranded ROW WM6 (which i was using in the interim), i like this quite a bit. This function made the update worthwhile.
    Is this the equivalent of the previous proxy disabling hack? I have a unlocked 750 that I am using on the blue side, and have been hesitant to upgrade until I knew data would still work...
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho- View Post
    2- Rather use isp.cingular apn for the faster speeds (and our plans allow it).
    How do I determine if I have this available for use?
    Do I just type in isp.cingular over the wap.cingular & check the speed???

Thanks!

PM
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump Meister View Post
    How do I determine if I have this available for use?
    Do I just type in isp.cingular over the wap.cingular & check the speed???

Thanks!

PM
    This is available if you have the PDA Unlimited plan. If you are using one of the MediaNet plans (like a lot of us since it includes unlimited txts and is less expensive) then it is not available to you.
    I don't guess I know what you're talking about. I turned off the AT&T proxy and still got the same speed, 400K-650K. Can I get faster than that?

My BlackJack used to get 830K! I have never gotten 830K with this device; fastest I ever got was 650K.
  6. umc
    Can someone tell me how to turn off the ATT proxy?

I went into managing the connection and just don't see it.

I do have an unlimited plan...

Thanks.
    its under programs
  8. umc
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    its under programs
    Found it, cool thanks.

It hasn't helped at all but I think at this point that is because of my 3G SIM.
    hmm...1405kbit/sec