1.    #1  
    Hi:
    I have a locked AT&T 750. About a weeks ago, I took the plunge and updated to WM6 with the unbranded ROM. After performing the update, the keysounds (when I use hardware keyboard) on my phone became strange. Now, there seems to be a delay when I type before I hear the sound. If I type quickly, it actually skips sounds etc... For example if I type 4 or 5 letters, I may only hear 2 sounds.
    This is very annoying, since I usually do have sounds turned on, to know if I entered a letter or not.
    I thought the issue would subside after installing the official AT&T update, but it remains the same.
    I called Palm, who suggested I call AT&T to see about exchanging the phone.
    Does anyone have any idea or suggestions as to what the problem could be, and how to fix it?
    It doesn't seem like it would be a hardware issue, since it occurred at the exact moment that I upgraded.

Please help
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have the same problem since I upgraded with the leaked ROM. The only fix I've found is turning off the hardware taps in the menu- a bummer but I've gotten used to not having the keyboard taps.
  3.    #3  
    Well, this is a real bummer. And now, my speakerphone button on call screen isn't working either. It worked fine on the unbranded ROM. I can't get speakerphone to work from menu either.

Oh my gosh, now my phone won't ring when a call is received, caller ID shows, but no sound (and yes of course have checked volume, ringtone, etc)!
    Last edited by bianca; 12/05/2007 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bianca View Post
    Well, this is a real bummer. And now, my speakerphone button on call screen isn't working either. It worked fine on the unbranded ROM. I can't get speakerphone to work from menu either.

Oh my gosh, now my phone won't ring when a call is received, caller ID shows, but no sound (and yes of course have checked volume, ringtone, etc)!
    The first thing I would try is a hard reset. Of course this clears everything back to pristine state. See if you have the same symptoms. If so, try re-flashing (be sure to do another hard reset afterwards). Same symptoms? Broken phone...get replacement. If it works properly, install one app at a time to see what the offending one is. Don't try to recover from a backup. Apps should be reinstalled from scratch.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    The first thing I would try is a hard reset. Of course this clears everything back to pristine state. See if you have the same symptoms. If so, try re-flashing (be sure to do another hard reset afterwards). Same symptoms? Broken phone...get replacement. If it works properly, install one app at a time to see what the offending one is. Don't try to recover from a backup. Apps should be reinstalled from scratch.
    Hi there Insidr, I should have known I could count on you for help. I will follow the steps you gave me. Do you think the problem could have anything to do with the fact that I am unable to turn off the auto sync function on Activesync? For some reason I have not been able to turn it off. Is it possible that is interrupting the install, or is that silly? Any suggestions how to turn it off, the schedule feature is blanked out.
    Thanks!!
    The activesync issue shouldn't have anything to do with the phone. But to be safe, uninstall activesync on the computer (through the control panel uninstall application), and reinstall, making sure you have the latest build. The link on Palm's website will get you to the current flavor.
    If the speakerphone icon is not showing up, that's a software symptom. The re-flash should take care of it. Don't take this the wrong way, but on the "sound" thing, make sure the slider on top of the phone is pushed over to the left. I've mistakenly left it in the mute position, but I'm sure you're smarter than I am. ;-)
  7.    #7  
    The activesync issue shouldn't have anything to do with the phone. But to be safe, uninstall activesync on the computer (through the control panel uninstall application), and reinstall, making sure you have the latest build. The link on Palm's website will get you to the current flavor.
    If the speakerphone icon is not showing up, that's a software symptom. The re-flash should take care of it. Don't take this the wrong way, but on the "sound" thing, make sure the slider on top of the phone is pushed over to the left. I've mistakenly left it in the mute position, but I'm sure you're smarter than I am. ;-)
    I REALLY doubt I'm smarter than you are
    But, yes I did check the slider. Not even vibrate works.
    Am about to reflash now. I can't even give the SD method a try, because I just discovered that the adapter that came with it seems to be defective, so it won't stay in my computer (which has a slot for SD cards).
    Wish me luck
    And, THANKS again!
  8.    #8  
    Hi Insidr:
    Well, you were right on more than one of the things you said.
    Re-flashing did solve the no ringing issue etc. Also, it did NOT fix the keystroke sounds, so I have to get a new phone. I contacted ATT, and they are sending one out. Do you think I should be worried that it will be a refurbished phone? I have never owned a refurb, and don't know if there are any special concerns I should have.
    Thanks again!
    You will def get a refurb. But I wouldn't worry about that, they take great steps to ensure it is like-new before they ship it out.
    Bianca,
    Don't worry about refurbs. They can actually be better than production models, because someone actually tests the basic functions to be sure they work. Cosmetically, you can't tell the difference between refurb and new.

Hope it works out.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    You will def get a refurb. But I wouldn't worry about that, they take great steps to ensure it is like-new before they ship it out.
    Thanks for the info Patty, it sets my mind at ease
    Have this problem after just completing the upgrade and doing one Hard reset.. I dont get the 'click' sound anymore that came upon pressing windows key or right/left soft keys in WM5.. So far other sounds are fine, just I am so used to that click sound, that it feels something is wrong when I dont hear it. Any ideas...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Have this problem after just completing the upgrade and doing one Hard reset.. I dont get the 'click' sound anymore that came upon pressing windows key or right/left soft keys in WM5.. So far other sounds are fine, just I am so used to that click sound, that it feels something is wrong when I dont hear it. Any ideas...
    Hey:
    Keep searching, I saw a downloadable fix for this somewhere. I think it was on www.xda-developers.com in the Treo forum.
    Sorry, I wish I remembered where exactly I saw it
    If I find it, I'll let you know.

EDIT: Here you go, I think this may be what you are looking for:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...fix_wm6_sounds
    Last edited by bianca; 12/07/2007 at 12:24 AM.
    Hey bianca, thanks for the link. but does it work on treo 750??
  15.    #15  
    Hey bianca, thanks for the link. but does it work on treo 750??
    yes, it does. I actually found it through a link on the 750 forum.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=328048
    Yes it works great. Now this created another problem, now people around me are complaining abt irritating noise every time I go thru menus. If I switch the ringer off, then miss the call notification sometimes. Is there any way I could enable or disable it, or remote the cab file effect if I need to???
  17.    #17  
    Yes it works great. Now this created another problem, now people around me are complaining abt irritating noise every time I go thru menus. If I switch the ringer off, then miss the call notification sometimes. Is there any way I could enable or disable it, or remote the cab file effect if I need to???
    Hi:
    I'll be honest. I don't know anything about the cab file, I was just pointing you in the right direction. I will say this though, I saw your post on xda-dev, the answer to your question about the registry is in the link I posted for you before. You will find the reg edits and xml file in that post:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=328048&page=2