1.    #1  
    Now that we have covered how to install programs on your phone, copy files to your phone, and what is the best software that all WM phone owners need to have, in Part I and Part II of the Windows Mobile Guide, let's move on to part III... *Increasing One Handed Usability with your WM phone.* We'll focus primarily on Windows Mobile Professional, since it's the Touchscreen/stylus that often seems to be the barrier for one-handed use.

In (upcoming) parts IV & V, I will cover increasing your battery life, organizing your menus, and how to edit your registry. These 4 topics probably encompass a large percentage of the questions that are continually asked on the forums by new users, so I hope this will help many start out with confidence. I am also aiming to add a lot of value to the veteran WM user as well, so that they will be able to learn a few new tricks while still walking step by step with those who are new to the world of WM.

**Read on for a guide on how to keep your off-hand in your pocket!**

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ho...martphone.html
    GREAT article, Hobbes. The word I'd use is *comprehensive*! I'll say that for me I'd never use all of the options you've referenced here, but using one or two radically increases the usability of WM Pro (SPB Shell FTW).
    I may have missed it, but in the advanced section you left out ae button plus and mortscript. Using those two, I have one button doing 3 different things, depending of which program is in the foreground, e.g. in PIE the OK key presses the back softkey, in notes it inserts the date etc.
    Surur those are great additions...I am sure that we will find (and encourage) posts with plenty of other options I left out or overlooked.
    The task manager used in PocketPlus hampers one-handed use by requiring you to touch the 'x' in the drop down menu of running tasks. I find that the task managers of SBSH iLauncher and Dinarsoft's Handyswitcher much more convenient to use one-handed. Not only do those task managers allow you to select which task to bring to the forefront (by pressing d-pad up/down), but they also allow you to use the d-pad left press to close the application from the menu.

Now that I am using Pocket Plus 4 for the today plugin (I think it runs a bit better than iLauncher 3.1), I map my OK-hold keypress to show the Handyswitcher task menu.
    There are a lot of great Task Managers out there and I like the ones you mentioned as well. But the Pocket Plus does not require to to hit an X button. I map it to a hardware button and each time I hit it, it highlights the next open program. Then within 3 seconds of doing nothing, it goes to that open program automatically. The screen shot in the task manager section shows what it looks like.
    But the Pocket Plus does not require to to hit an X button. I map it to a hardware button and each time I hit it, it highlights the next open program. Then within 3 seconds of doing nothing, it goes to that open program automatically. The screen shot in the task manager section shows what it looks like.
    I think you misunderstood. If I am on the today screen and press my mapped key for the ALT-TASK manager that SBP provides, yes, you can switch to another application (as you posted above), but I don't see any way of quickly closing that app. You would have to switch to and then close.

What I was referring to was the drop-down task menu [Close Button Context Menu] that you can map also to a key. When you highlight and item in the menu, when you action press on that item it switches you to the application. Next to each application there is an "x" so that you can immediately close that application using the menu. The only action that is allowed using the d-pad on that menu is a select (bring to the front). You would have to touch the "x" next to the application to actually close it.
    Oh, gotcha
    Thanks for a great article! I am wondering why there is no program that will allow us to press and hold on any QWERTY key to launch a program, similar to what Standalone's TypeRight program does on the Palm? Seems like a no-brainer and of course, that would obviously break the current hardware button assignments but, heck if I can assign any number of programs to the QWERTY keys, I don't mind it broken. That, would be the best "one handed" operation that will truly make it the best.
    Great article. I personally use HandySwitcher, mapping it to the OK hardware button. A long press in any application presents a drop down of all running apps. I can use the dpad + action button to switch to a particular running app, or if I need to close an application, all I need to do is to select the application and hit right on the dpad.

But I still can't get over the fact that there is no way for me to navigate through my folders in the built-in Notes app without having to tap the screen. Same goes for the camera application. Totally ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I recently discovered PocketCM and LOVE it on my mogul. It really makes using the contacts with one hand much easier and it has a great threaded SMS built in as well.

http://pocketcm.com/