Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    my google maps with "My Location" (a poor mans GPS in BETA) has stopped working (my biggest gripe)
    my favorite task manager vbar has a messed up background
    sync 4.5 is still hit or miss on getting a connection in a timely manner
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Slower than the previous WM6 version I had (I believe it was a WM6 CNG version). Now if I type to fast, the key clicks come after the characters and in most cases in groups... click....click....click,click,click.....click....click,click,click.....click...click

Screws me up with my typing.

Jon
    I am going to go and take a guess that all of the ATT crap (additional resource hogs) is making the WM6 system a little bloated. Custom ROMS that people were using before were stripped down without ATT MUSIC, etc. I would suggest that if you were using a decent build before, why bother upgrading to something that may break what has already been fixed?
    My battery life is terrible. burned 13% in 30 minutes of browsing a couple web pages and not much else. lost 30% overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I am going to go and take a guess that all of the ATT crap (additional resource hogs) is making the WM6 system a little bloated. Custom ROMS that people were using before were stripped down without ATT MUSIC, etc. I would suggest that if you were using a decent build before, why bother upgrading to something that may break what has already been fixed?
    Most (if not all) of the ATT bloatware are HTML links. Nothing really to affect performance.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Most (if not all) of the ATT bloatware are HTML links. Nothing really to affect performance.
    Thats very interesting... then they decided to change a few things registry wise to give people crap performance. There has to be something that is effecting battery and speed.

I can only guess because I am on the 700wx with Sprint. Still, all very interesting.
    I'm not thrilled with my speed either. I thought it seemed quicker when accessing the start menu but to me it seems to be slow to wake up when hitting the red button. Other programs don't seem to be any faster to load if not slower. The only thing I've added back to this point is goodlink.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    So far not impressed with the HSDPA on the Treo 750 after installing the official ATT WM6 ROM upgrade.

I used to get around 300-400 kbit/sec now about 155 kbit/sec (according to dslreports' mobile speed test anyway).
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    is the bloatware like Cellular Video and AT&T Music removable anyway? Is there any subscription fees for Cellular Video, like if I click it and I have an unlimited data plan is there anything additional?
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    So far not impressed with the HSDPA on the Treo 750 after installing the official ATT WM6 ROM upgrade.

I used to get around 300-400 kbit/sec now about 155 kbit/sec (according to dslreports' mobile speed test anyway).
    I agree, using the HSDPA hack on my unmolested 750 I was getting 700-800 kbit/sec, using the same test, now with the official WM 6, I get maybe 225 disappointing to say the least.
  11.    #11  
    HSDPA speeds vary greatly. I had the hack when running WM5, and I think high speeds are equal and perhaps on average higher with WM6. I just got 508kbit/s

other updates.
    1) Google Maps with poor mans GPS (My Location) just started working...
    2) A WM6 update for vBar exists. I uploaded it. Still needed a special bmp for the background. I found what I needed here:
    http://www.modaco.com/index.php?auto...&showfile=2369
    a tsk file is a cab or zip file, open it, and rename the largest file you find in there to be a .bmp file. then it will work with vBar.
    3) activesync stilla POS, but if I do a soft reset, it always hooks up...(same as WM5)
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Has always had approx 700-800kbit/s speeds with every other released version of WM6. Now with the AT&T version I can't seem to break 300kbit/s What gives? Has anyone figured out what may have been changed by AT&T to cause this.
    My phone seems to cycle between 3G and H repeatedly despite being in "4 bar area" and not moving. Whats up with that?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    It switches to H when it is actively transmitting data. Therefore, 3G just means you're connected and H means sending/receiving.
    Did AT&T somehow disable the HSDPA feature, similar to the AT&T Tilt? I had to tweak the ROM on my Tilt before I could get 700-800kbit/s speeds like I was getting with the leaked AT&T ROM I was running on my 750. It's just a thought, I have no actual knowledge to support the theory.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    No, AT&T didn't disable HSDPA. It's listed as one of the enhancments on the Palm page for the WM6 download, here is what it said
    Faster downloads with High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) Get faster access to large attachments, streaming video, and more
    I have read a few threads where people are posting that their HSDPA speeds with the official WM6 update are slower than what they had with the leaked roms, so who knows whats going on. I wonder if there is a way to limit/cap the speeds and AT&T did this to limit users?
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Now we just have to wait for the 'official' ROM hack to bypass the throttle.

Bring it! Bring it!

I'm really surprised to see reports of slower - on nearly every other WM6 upgrade I've done with other phones I saw speed improvements. Looks like I'll be switching to the 750 soon to test this out myself.
    A few reported it to be faster yesterday, now some are saying its slower. Mixed opinions so far, give it a few days. I didn't notice much change at all.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I have not had any issue with slower speeds, in fact mine sped up a bit on the downloads. My recent DSLReports test came back @ 770kbps which is just a hair above what I used to get.

As for the phone itself, I have noticed it being a bit slower than before. I was going to try removing the bloatware using the method in another post on here to see if it improved things. Overall I am just happy that they finally released it. I had been using the leaked version for months now and this is still leaps and bounds above WM5 so I don't really have much to complain about.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast