Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    im done with wm6. too slow, os unstable, lag everywhere....Palm has failed one too many times. Ive finally lost my will for a treo...

goodbye all .... Hope to see in 2 years when they finally catch up to motorola and use 6.1.

btw....The new moto q with wifi and os 6.1 is due out very soon. Looks like a good alternative.
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    im done with wm6. too slow, os unstable, lag everywhere....Palm has failed one too many times. Ive finally lost my will for a treo...

goodbye all .... Hope to see in 2 years when they finally catch up to motorola and use 6.1.

btw....The new moto q with wifi and os 6.1 is due out very soon. Looks like a good alternative.

Bye Bye.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post

Door, ****.. Don't let one hit the other on your way out..
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Funny post about the motorola q, not sure he's ever touched one or else he'd know it's not even close to the Treo.

Anyway... I noticed the "Use software compression" and "Use IP header compression" were uncheck in my connections settings so I went ahead and checked them. Disco'd/reco'd and I clocked 617 at speedtest which is 2x the fastest I've seen post-upgrade. I'm surprised that would make such a different but for what it's worth. Alternatively, ATT added more bandwidth.
    One little annoying thing I discovered is custom ringtones can no longer be in the root folder of your SD card. Now they have a folder in My Device/My Documents/My Ringtones. Not to real big deal but why have them on the phone if I can have them on my card and not use up any of the phones memory. Small but a little annoying. As for the upgrade, I've been too busy loading everything back on to really play with it much but it does seem faster than WM5. I never loaded any of the leaked roms so I'm not able to compare it to those.

Oh, I tried to load OpearMini 4 and it kept failing, I loaded the old 3.1 version and it works fine so you may want to skip v.4 if you are using OM.
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    v4 works fine here on the leaked rom with the esmertect jbed jvm
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    The very first thing I noticed after the upgrade was how much FASTER my device is. I'm not referring to internet speed, as that appears the same as before. But the response to key presses is much quicker, especially when turning off the screen.

In Google Maps, scrolling with the 5-way key is so fast now that I keep overshooting my mark.

In Excel I use a large spreadsheet to track my mileage, and it scrolls like lightning through the damn thing.

Your mileage may vary.
    All I did was disable the AT&T Proxy, went to dslreports.com and had a 794 kb/sec rate. Same as w/the hack earlier.
    This is my gripe about the unofficial upgrade:

1. I've got two battery level icons in top right corner. One is solid color, the other is bar like inside the icon.

2. Pressing the red button DOESN'T power off my phone. I have to wait 30seconds for it to auto turn off.
    No complaints here.
    The phone seems more responsive and downloads, dare I say, twice as fast?

What's the story with the XM Radio program?
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User View Post
    1. I've got two battery level icons in top right corner. One is solid color, the other is bar like inside the icon.
    Are you using Spb Pocket Plus...?
    I'm getting 826 kbit/sec. I can live with that.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Quote Originally Posted by miloszz View Post
    Are you using Spb Pocket Plus...?
    Yep.. that is the answer.. SPB Pocket Plus puts its own battery icon in there. You can disable it through the SPB settings.
    WOW the "Use software compression" and "Use IP header compression"
    help me a bit X2 the speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoffy View Post
    Slower than the previous WM6 version I had (I believe it was a WM6 CNG version). Now if I type to fast, the key clicks come after the characters and in most cases in groups... click....click....click,click,click.....click....click,click,click.....click...click

Screws me up with my typing.

Jon
    I had the same problem happen. According to Palm and ATT, there is no way to fix it. They are sending me a replacement phone (I am still under warranty).
    Alternately, you can turn off the keysounds, although I understand that is not that point (I too used it to guide my typing), but if you are no longer in warranty and want to keep using the phone, it is much less distracting to have no sounds, than ones that are off.
  16. umc
    I checked the boxed above to use compression and I'm clicking on the DSLreports 100K speed test and am barely getting over 100kbit/sec

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    yea I wondered about that XM program too... Is it free if you have unlimited data? or is it a subscription fee?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_vaughn View Post
    WOW the "Use software compression" and "Use IP header compression"
    help me a bit X2 the speed.
    Where do you find these settings in order to make the change? Thanks.
  19. umc
    Quote Originally Posted by J Woocher View Post
    Where do you find these settings in order to make the change? Thanks.
    Start/Settings/connections tab

Then connections, tasks tab, and click on manage existing connections, click on edit and then next twice to get to the page that says advanced, click on advanced, you will see the check boxes there.
    Thanks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast