1.    #1  
    We have an unlocked Treo 750 Cingular branded. We would like to update it to WM6. The email with the unlock code has been lost and we fear if we update via the palm link to WM6 we will have a locked unit. My wife uses this phone on the Tmobile network and if this unit is bricked she will be screwed and I will never hear the end of it. Has anyone updated an unlocked Cing branded 750 to the new WM6 ATT software or is it better to go with the unbranded update floating around here?

Thank you for the advice!
    I also have a Cingular branded unlocked Treo 750. I am not sure what to expect upgrading to WM6. So if someone safely upgraded his unlocked T750, please post the results here. But I am sure glad at last the upgrade is here...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Your unlocked phone will NOT get locked if you flash the OS. I've flashed thousands of unlocked phones, including the 750, and it did not lock.

I too have a ATT 750 which is unlocked and upgraded to the leaked WM6 ROM and it works great with TMO too

So, I assure you that your Treo will not get locked after upgrading the OS!

Enjoy!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Raul, now to clean off some of the crap on it to free up memory space because it is so full it cant do anything right now. Hopefully after the upgrade to WM6, it will read the 4gb mini sd-hc card. I will update the progress this evening.

Cheers!
    Do you have to reapply the registry proxy hack to access data services if you do not use MediaNet (i.e., have a blue/mmode account)? Does it work if you do?
    I updated my tmobile unlocked cingular with the unbranded wm6 and it works great. Go for it. (don't worry about the locking issue, I know others has said it won't happen, but here is one more that USES the Tmobile account!!!)
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stoobie-doo View Post
    Do you have to reapply the registry proxy hack to access data services if you do not use MediaNet (i.e., have a blue/mmode account)? Does it work if you do?
    I never had to do anything .. and that was with the 'leaked' ATT Rom..
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    I updated my tmobile unlocked cingular with the unbranded wm6 and it works great. Go for it. (don't worry about the locking issue, I know others has said it won't happen, but here is one more that USES the Tmobile account!!!)

Glad it all worked out for ya!!
    My phone is the same as yours. Applied the upgrade last night with no problems. Device remains unlocked.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  10.    #10  
    We installed the update last night and all works great! Thank you all for sharing and finally the Treo is reading the 4gig card freeing up the internal memory. Great Success!

Happy Holidays!
    Quote Originally Posted by J hoo View Post
    We installed the update last night and all works great! Thank you all for sharing and finally the Treo is reading the 4gig card freeing up the internal memory. Great Success!

Happy Holidays!
    Congrats, and enjoy!
    Gimme the P-Funk!