1.    #1  
    So what versions of Goodlink Mobile Messaging works with this new official ATT WM6 upgrade? Just version 5.0 or will the various flavors of 4.9 work?

Thanks
    I am using 4.9 and it works fine. No problems at all.
  3.    #3  
    Is there a GetGood link in WM6 and is that how you installed version 4.9? OTA

In other words, were you able to do the typical over the air installation where you download the app to the phone after clicking the GetGood link and then punching in your pin when prompted?
    that's how I installed it 4.9. where can you get 5.0? seems to working exactly the same except I noticed not all of the notifcation alarms are available. also, anyone know how to get it to vibrate when you put the phone in silent mode without it always vibrating?
    Quote Originally Posted by BP57 View Post
    that's how I installed it 4.9. where can you get 5.0? seems to working exactly the same except I noticed not all of the notifcation alarms are available. also, anyone know how to get it to vibrate when you put the phone in silent mode without it always vibrating?
    I used OTA (standard install). Your admin determines which version is pushed to you. You have no choice.
    What version specifically are you guys running?

4.9.3.?
    yes
  8.    #8  
    Would you explain how you installed it?
    Click the GetGood icon. You will be taken to the Good.com web site. Download the OTA program and install it. When the app comes up, enter your PIN (supplied by your sysadmin). Once verified, your Good Apps will download and install. Then you will wait while it connects to your services. (Click on "details" to see connection status). If often takes a long time to connect to the services, so be patient. Once connected, your contact list and other data will download. If your admin requires a password, you'll be prompted. Then click on one of the good icons. The launcher will start and call up your data connection. You're done.
    Regarding using Goodlink, does your type suggestion work right in Good? Mine only gives me a letter suggestion and to whole words.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    Click the GetGood icon. You will be taken to the Good.com web site. Download the OTA program and install it. When the app comes up, enter your PIN (supplied by your sysadmin). Once verified, your Good Apps will download and install. Then you will wait while it connects to your services. (Click on "details" to see connection status). If often takes a long time to connect to the services, so be patient. Once connected, your contact list and other data will download. If your admin requires a password, you'll be prompted. Then click on one of the good icons. The launcher will start and call up your data connection. You're done.
    Thanks insidr. So I am correct in my understanding that you just did a standard OTA installation of 4.9.3? I've read elsewhere that the 4.9.3 flavors are not supported for WM6 and therefore don't install properly. Not true? I thought only 5.0 installed properly on WM6 devices.
    Goodlink 4.9.3 works fine. As pointed out by Goodguy on this forum, there's a big difference between "not supported" and "doesn't work". 4.9.3 is not supported on WM6. Generally that means that it has not gone through the rigorous testing that normally accompanies a release. I would guess that Good wants to get 5.0 out to its corporate customers ASAP, so they won't invest in the necessary testing to assure full compatibility. I've been using it on every flavor of WM6 and 4.9.3 has no more problems on WM6 than it did on WM5.
    So just the standard installation worked. Wow.