1.    #1  
    Hi everybody,

I've been testing the new "My Position" feature of Google Maps v2.0 (without GPS module) in the 500v and also in my HTC Trinity.

I know that there's a difference between these two devices as one is a WM Standard (smartphone) and the other is a WM Professional (aka pocketpc phone). But I think regarding this topic this should not make any difference...

so, the "My Position" feature works like a charm in the Trinity, but if I swap to the Treo 500v, the Google Maps software insists that "the feature is not available now".

I suspect the Treo 500v is hiding the required GSM information that "My Position" feature requests for calculating the position... I don't know if the problem is in the radio hardware/firmware, in WM6 standard, or in the Vodafone customizations.

what do you think?. Has anybody been able to see the "My Position" working? (without a GPS module, of course).

Regards,

imAg!
    Yes it works. The version of Google Maps that was pre-baked into my 500v is location aware without a GPS. I am not sure if this is the same one that Google made available online.