Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:14:59 EST 2007)>Hello Ed_Small, Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Albert. How may I help you?

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:15:02 EST 2007)>Hello.

Ed_Small(Tue Dec 4 09:15:21 EST 2007)>
    Are you an existing Palm Treo 750 customer?
    "Download" the latest Windows Mobile® 6 Professional software update for the Palm Treo 750 that updates the entire operating system from Windows Mobile® 5.0 to Windows Mobile® 6 Professional plus adds HSDPA support, AT&T Mall, AT&T Music, MEdia Net, CV (video) and many other updates and fixes. CAUTION: Firmware updates will DELETE ALL applications, data, and settings on the device. Back up all information on a PC or storage card before installing the firmware upgrade.

the link sends me to a broken page on palm... could you please advise?

Ed_Small(Tue Dec 4 09:15:32 EST 2007) http://www.wireless.att.com/business...ows-mobile.jsp

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:15:30 EST 2007)>Please give me a moment while I go through your message.

Ed_Small(Tue Dec 4 09:15:51 EST 2007)>no problem

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:17:10 EST 2007)>I understand that you have a link which sends to Broken page on Palm.

Ed_Small(Tue Dec 4 09:17:45 EST 2007)>yes, its for the WM6 update that ATT is sending people...

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:17:48 EST 2007)>I will provide you with the exact information on Mobile 6 release.

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:18:10 EST 2007)>Well, the updater is ready and fully tested.

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:18:44 EST 2007)>I can do one thing for you.

Ed_Small(Tue Dec 4 09:19:06 EST 2007)>whats that?

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:19:01 EST 2007)>This will be released in couple of days.

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:19:40 EST 2007)>Please check it in coming days for updater information/link.

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:20:38 EST 2007)>We are going to release the Windows Mobile 6 with in two days, that's the reason they are moving the information.

Albert(Tue Dec 4 06:21:45 EST 2007)>You will be having this update with in two days.

Ed_Small(Tue Dec 4 09:21:59 EST 2007)>okay sounds great!
    See this link - right here? It comes from AT&T's Windows Mobile Devices page:

Are you an existing Palm Treo 750 customer? Download the latest Windows Mobile® 6 Professional software update for the Palm Treo 750 that updates the entire operating system from Windows Mobile® 5.0 to Windows Mobile® 6 Professional plus adds HSDPA support, AT&T Mall, AT&T Music, MEdia Net, CV (video) and many other updates and fixes. CAUTION: Firmware updates will DELETE ALL applications, data, and settings on the device. Back up all information on a PC or storage card before installing the firmware upgrade.
    As in: the long-awaited, delayed-but-not-really (since-they-never-announced-a-date), everybody else got it first, already leaked anyway, dear god it's been a long time “in the queue,” insert-your-delayed-adjective here Windows Mobile 6 Update for the AT&T Treo 750 will be showing up today. Go ahead, try the link:

**Download the AT&T Treo 750 Windows Mobile 6 update**

Didn't work? Try it again. If it's up on the AT&T page, it should be showing up at Palm's site soon. Right? Pretty Please?

(Thanks to Roger and eddiejames for the tip!)

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/wm...any_minut.html
  3. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    One could only hope that the end of the wait is near. The synic in me, however, says that I won't believe it until I have it, It is loaded, and it works.

Does anybody know when that "dead" link was put on ATT's site?
    Funny thing, I just downgraded back to WM5 from WM6 about 10 minutes ago.
    Go figure.
  5.    #5  
    Somone posted that in the At&t forum today...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Funny thing, I just downgraded back to WM5 from WM6 about 10 minutes ago.
    Go figure.
    lol...

it happens, i've been holding off on the unofficial version, because i do have a warrenty on my phone, and the last thing i need right now, is a screwed phone...
    The downgrade went fine. I'm having serious connection issues with this thing.
  8.    #8  
    Thats good to hear, ya i heard that alot from people on this forum, i've really been giving it to the people at palm and att to see if i can squeeze approximate dates and things out of them for this new WM6 release...seems like it was said to be today, but then palm finally told me in the next two days...well just have to see...
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    well this may be some good news.... I'm not one for trying to spread rumors, but I just recieved a txt msg from AT&T's support with that above mentioned link in it!

Now it also said the link should become live by 3PM Pacific time.

Anyone get similar, or am I special?
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
  10.    #10  
    just got the same message...WHOOOO HOOOO! Although that is 6pm my time...
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I have no such text message, but I'm in Iowa. We typically get our text messages by pony express....................
  12.    #12  
    THIS IS OFFICIAL

ejsmall
    just got a text message from Att, saying my treo 750 would be updated to WM6 at 3PM PST? Does this mean it is finally here?

smaelR: To ejsmall
    Welcome to the New AT&T Data Support Live Chat! I will gladly answer your question regarding the windowsmobile update.

ejsmall
    I will gladly await an answer

IsmaelR: To ejsmall
    It will be available after 6:00pm EST. There is a link on our web now, but it still does not work. Is there anything else that I may assist you with?

ejsmall
    so we are assured it will be here TODAY?

IsmaelR: To ejsmall
    According to infromation received, that would be correct!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    The big problem with this is that the update is NOT hosted by AT&T but by Palm which means that they are the authority on when it will be released. As far as we've seen when asked they either say 2 days or repeat the soon script.
    In Geological time Very, Very, Very, Very, Very Soon does mean 6months to 2 years.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by driazen View Post
    The big problem with this is that the update is NOT hosted by AT&T but by Palm which means that they are the authority on when it will be released. As far as we've seen when asked they either say 2 days or repeat the soon script.
    wasn't the big argument that ATT was holding it up, looks like thats no longer a problem. I don't think ATT would deliver false information, especially when it comes to specific times...

the last "script" i got from palm was, "att may be correct, but I am unsure because we haven't recieved the final confirmation memo from our engineering department"....

This isn't the run of the mill "coming soon" statement! This is a definate, it will be here 6:00 PM EST! If it isn't I'm going to give 'em hell, as should all of you....
    I just hope the server can handle the traffic...
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    I just hope the server can handle the traffic...
    Decide just to wait it out instead of going Aussie?
    Just FYI, I just chatted with ATT and got the same answer that it will be available today at 6:00 pm EST. They acknowledge the link doesn't work now but will have the software today around 6:00 pm EST.

This is the real deal. AT&T has never committed a date and time to anyone before. (all dates ever posted before were from rumored leaked inside emails, best friends, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Decide just to wait it out instead of going Aussie?
    Nah... just the timing. I'm out of town right now and really don't want to go tinkering until I'm back home at the end of the week. Even if the release comes out tonight, I'll likely wait until I get home to install it.

Murphy's law I guess. The update becomes available while I'm out of town and not in a position to install it.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Nah... just the timing. I'm out of town right now and really don't want to go tinkering until I'm back home at the end of the week. Even if the release comes out tonight, I'll likely wait until I get home to install it.

Murphy's law I guess. The update becomes available while I'm out of town and not in a position to install it.
    A true WAR EAGLE, would make an immediate flight home...he he he...

I waited it out as well, didn't take long since I was on the forums, and hitting technical chats, trying to get definate answers, I'll put the farm on this being the real deal. Thank god I didn't get the leaked version, heard it was screwing up a few phones...
    Flight not necessary when I'm only two hours from home (in Auburn by the way).

Just looked in my briefcase and left my sync cord and mini-sd card reader at home as well.... figures. I may have to find the local computer store and by another mini-sd card.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast