Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Yes, that one
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    On my WM6 leaked ROM, when I type a SMS or e-mail, I have a bit of lag and it usually takes a while for the words on screen to catch up to my typing. In fact, I often get the color wheel indicating that it is catching up. Do any of you know if this has been resolved with the official ATT upgrade? I would like to turn back on autocomplete if I can....
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Do mean the little side button below the volume up/down button??
    Yes, that is the button. In other countries, it IS Push To Talk.

On another amazing note, the day the upgrade came out, my area was upgraded to HSDPA!

I'm in the outlying suburbs of Philadelphia, and we have HSDPA 3 towns closer to philly, but now it''s here to!!
    Last edited by Mudshark; 12/05/2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: ...
    Weird, everything working great now since I reinstalled off the SD but for some reason I can't load the 9 Hole Golf game on the phone with this firmware. Says something that it's not signed. Couldn't find a setting to turn this off. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
    Weird, everything working great now since I reinstalled off the SD but for some reason I can't load the 9 Hole Golf game on the phone with this firmware. Says something that it's not signed. Couldn't find a setting to turn this off. Any ideas?
    Uninstall from the PC and reinstall. Uninstall on the Treo. This is usually due to a partially completed installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
    Are you installing 9 Hole OTA? Almost every app you d/l OTA will cause that popup screen about being an unsigned application. Although I've never seen a reference to a regedit to disable the popup, it has to exist. Just dismiss the popup notice and continue to install as long as you're getting it from a trusted source.
    I upgraded from the leaked ROM to the official 2.25 ROM and it is working perfectly. The version numbers for the firmware and software match up with the screenshots I've seen online. I actually have a little more RAM available at startup now than I did on the leaked version. The only thing missing vs the leaked ROM is Windows Live Mobile, which I was able to download from here .
    For all those who are having serial number issues: make sure that your phone is registered with Palm. I had the same serial number issues but then remembered that I had never registered my phone with Palm. Everything was fine afterwards, though please note that it takes a while for your registration to get into Palm's system.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Are you installing 9 Hole OTA? Almost every app you d/l OTA will cause that popup screen about being an unsigned application. Although I've never seen a reference to a regedit to disable the popup, it has to exist. Just dismiss the popup notice and continue to install as long as you're getting it from a trusted source.
    nope installing it from my wintel machine (primary machine is a mac). I'll try removing it from the pc and reinstalling to see if I can get it back on the phone. Other than that, this is working very well. Voice Command over bluetooth seems to work better for me than WM5 and the leaked version. I no longer have to scream into my bluetooth speaker phone in the car for it to work, just have to speak clearly, slowly, and just a bit louder.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Now the only thing left for you to do is unlock the ExtROM, chuck the AT&T garbage, and gain back around 9MB of storage space.
    Can this be done? Anyone know how (pointer please )

And what apps can be deleted?

I'm currently on the ROW release from a week or two ago. I'd rather update to this release, but don't want to lose the space with those useless ATT apps that I don't want.
    Quote Originally Posted by plaipus View Post
    After deleting the CapPackage.pxp

53.91 megs free.
    Please elaborate! Is this just the ATT apps junk? That's what I want to avoid installing.

What/how did you delete this? I WANT MY STORAGE MEMORY, ATT!!!
    I have a basic question. I want to update to WM6, but I don't want to lose everything on my phone. If I sync immediately before updating, then sync afterwards, will everything reload onto my treo or will I have to go through and manually reinstall all of my files/notes?

Thanks!

Brian
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    If you're configured to back up your "My Documents" folder, you'll get that back after resyncing. You will lose all your applications, speed dials, configs/options, and anything in a "custom" folder. You will also have your miniSD card intact...

-Craig
    It will sync what ever items you have selected to sync, ie. contacts, calendar events, tasks, favorites and so on. If you only have your contacts set to sync then that is the only thing that will be reloaded back onto your phone when you sync after the update. You need to remove your media card before updating so any files that are on there will be fine. Any programs you installed will need to be reinstalled after the update is done regardless if you installed them on your media card.
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789