Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Glad to hear it is not necessary to downgrade back to WM5. I won't be updating till the weekend but want to be prepared. I plan to use the MiniSD Card method (have both versions downloaded).
    Once I start update, phone asks me to plug into power outlet, in which I do,then phone turns off, and shows red,green,blue,and white lines, and I get an error telling me to restart, please help me out...thank you very much
    Try a different USB port, the multi-color lines is the bootloader mode, very normal
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiejames View Post
    maybe its just me, but at first right afte the update i notcied an increase in speed, and boy does it look awesome...but now it seems like its bogged down, and running just a tad slower, i know i had a few failed attempts with the update, but finally got it to work, should I redo the update, to see if I can just refresh everything....
    I am having *exactly* the same experience - very snappy at first, now I am watching the "busy" clock waaaay too much. Pocket Internet Explorer seems to scroll very sluggishly in this new build too.

They seem to have fixed the low backlight/waking up bug but I am not convinced about the perf or battery life. I will give it a whole day tomorrow and then possibly go back to a previous ROM I had good experiences with.

2 steps forward, 2 steps back.
    Quote Originally Posted by alamerican View Post
    Just sharing my experience. I've been running the unofficial ATT WM6 ROM successfully for several weeks now. Just to be safe I downgraded back to the Cingular WM5 ROM then did the upgrade via SD and everything went smoothly.
    How did you downgrade to Cingular WM5 ROM???? It would be safe to know going back is possible...
    Just wanted to report back that I completed the upgrade. I had an issue where I interrupted the installer via the desktop and the installer crapped out at the last stage. The phone didnt quite update fully update (at first I didnt see the AT&T icons, no wm live (didnt realize at the time its not included in the ATT Official ROM)) but it did update the software version.

So I tried to run the install again and of course it crapped out saying that I had the latest version. I started to panic a little, made a useless call to Palm for help and then turned to the forums here to get some insight on how to get around the problem. Well come to find out all I had to do was edit the payload file's high number from 1.13 to 2.25 and the install will run again. Everything went well this time.

I had been running the leaked ROM since day one it was leaked and was happy with WM6 already. A few little things I see that are improved from the leaked:

1. The new MS Office Apps are included
    2. Voice Command has a slight update number (with this version its 1.6.18125. With the leaked version its 1.6.17746)
    3. A new theme

I'm sure there are some other "under the hood" changes that are transparent to us that have been included to improve the overall performance.

I'm not that upset about the exlcusion of WMlive. The program was buggy for me anyway (the one that was included in the leaked ROM) and most likely folks and Palm/ATT decided that that version wasnt ready for primetime and removed it. I may try the cab files that are on XDA to for the WMlive to see how that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by mflyers67 View Post
    Once I start update, phone asks me to plug into power outlet, in which I do,then phone turns off, and shows red,green,blue,and white lines, and I get an error telling me to restart, please help me out...thank you very much
    You need to make sure that the HTC USB drivers are loaded on your PC. To do this, you need to put your device into Bootloader mode, by pressing and holding the PTT key, and the soft reset button under the memory card door at the some time, then plugging it into your PC, via the USB cable while still in bootloader mode. Most likely after you do this, you will need to go the the control panel>system>Hardware tab>device manager on your PC, and at the bottom of the list you will see a yellow !. douple click that at then click the reinstall driver button. this will search your computer for the proper driver, install it and end the confilict.

You can then unplug your device from the PC, do a soft reset, and start the upgrade.
    Last edited by Mudshark; 12/05/2007 at 06:32 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Okay, just so you know, I already put the unbranded version of WM6 on my phone. When I ran the updater, it said, "You don't need to install this update". I didn't want to go back to WM5, and then come back, so I didn't downgrade to WM5.

I just started it again, and modified the payloads.xml file to show 2.24 on the high version (it said 1.13), and it started fine. It is running the update right now - hope it works! I will let you know.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
    I am having *exactly* the same experience - very snappy at first, now I am watching the "busy" clock waaaay too much. Pocket Internet Explorer seems to scroll very sluggishly in this new build too.

They seem to have fixed the low backlight/waking up bug but I am not convinced about the perf or battery life. I will give it a whole day tomorrow and then possibly go back to a previous ROM I had good experiences with.

2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

I've had luck in getting my up to top speed, and am now getting more battery as well as no more sluggest problems...

I had to do a hard reset....i thought maybe refreshing everything right after the install might help, and boy did it! Runs like a champ, and I absolutely am in awe with it. Are there no programs out there that will let you delete the ATT stuff individually in stead of going through a bunch of ROM steps? I know on my old Palm I had a program callled File Z and I could just delete the hell out of anything Iwanted to? Is there something similar for this OS? Thanks so much!
    Yeah, it worked.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I've had luck in getting my up to top speed, and am now getting more battery as well as no more sluggest problems...

I had to do a hard reset....i thought maybe refreshing everything right after the install might help, and boy did it! Runs like a champ, and I absolutely am in awe with it.
    Me too. Even with the unbranded version of WM6, battery life was WWWWAY better than under WM5, which was my only gripe with it. It's nice the battery drain problem seems to be fixed.
    One other thing I want to point out with this upgrade is that I was having issues trying to use the SD method. It kept telling me the card wasnt formatted as FAT32 (which I know it was because I used that same card to do the leaked upgrade back in august) so not sure what was up with that. I reformatted serveral times as FAT32 and still had the same issue. Anyone else have this issue using the SD upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    How did you downgrade to Cingular WM5 ROM???? It would be safe to know going back is possible...
    Search the XDA forums for the Cingular WM5 ROM. The installation process is the same as it was for the WM6 leaked ROM - copy the CHEEIMG.nbh file to a FAT32 formatted mini SD, insert the card into the Treo and press both the PTTApp Button & Reset at the same time to start the process.
  14.    #154  
    Any word on programs or easy simple instructions on how to delete the ATT Bloatware!?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Any word on programs or easy simple instructions on how to delete the ATT Bloatware!?
    Yes. That's the whole EXTRom thing ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudshark View Post
    You need to make sure that the HTC USB drivers are loaded on your PC. To do this, you need to put your device into Bootloader mode, by pressing and holding the PTT key, and the soft reset button under the memory card door at the some time, [......]
    You can then unplug your device from the PC, do a soft reset, and start the upgrade.
    What is this PTT key?? I am sure it cant be PushToTalk on T750 at least. Please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    1.47.25 is the leaked-ATT ROM version, so it sounds like it didn't complete the update.
    Yep I think you're correct, I don't think the hard reset worked when I tried it. I get a weird autorun.exe message now. Using the instructions provided here I edited the high version in the xml file to 2.25 thanks to Edrego's tip and am trying it again now. Thanks for the tip Edrego!
    What is this PTT key?? I am sure it cant be PushToTalk on T750 at least. Please explain.
    He means the side button. It's always been referred to as the PTT button, not sure why, but so it goes...

A hard reset (device reset app preferably) should ALWAYS be done after flashing a ROM, BTW. It ensures a clean phone before you start messing with it
    He means the side button. It's always been referred to as the PTT button, not sure why, but so it goes...

A hard reset (device reset app preferably) should ALWAYS be done after flashing a ROM, BTW. It ensures a clean phone before you start messing with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Do mean the little side button below the volume up/down button??
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast