Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebb56 View Post
    CraigD -- Just double checking, you used the direct link (which I did too rather than mess around with customer support), got the desktop updater, then went directly from the leaked ROM to the official release without doing any other preparation, correct? I installed the original leaked ROM a few months back and never messed with it in any way.
    Mine's in the process of upgrading from the 2.23 ROW to the 2.25 ATT. I simply changed the payloads.xml file (Change the "hi" version number from 1.13 to 2.23, or whatever rom version you have) Seems to be working for me, at 13% and counting.
    for those with Serial# issues. it seems the SD cad needs to be out before updating via USB,
    Quote Originally Posted by rickykjames View Post
    Can you post the link to the Palm chat site? I have been unable to find it.
    I am currently on the line with AT&T support and they are looking in to the issue but I will probably need Palm to resolve.
    No longer need link. Was able to Google for it. Took me less than 60 seconds from time I entered the room to have a dummy s/n and download started. Not bad response time.....
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/help/chat.html

I would suggest going to the Palm chat site for a dummy s/n. As you are supposed to only be able to download one copy per s/n...they are probably issuing the dummies from a list.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebb56 View Post
    CraigD -- Just double checking, you used the direct link (which I did too rather than mess around with customer support), got the desktop updater, then went directly from the leaked ROM to the official release without doing any other preparation, correct? I installed the original leaked ROM a few months back and never messed with it in any way.
    Yes - exactly.

-Craig
    Just sharing my experience. I've been running the unofficial ATT WM6 ROM successfully for several weeks now. Just to be safe I downgraded back to the Cingular WM5 ROM then did the upgrade via SD and everything went smoothly.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm installing the update now. Seems to be going fine so far. I was also running the original leaked ROM and didn't downgrade first. Cross your fingers!
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I just got the SD update version using a dummy s/n from Palm. It was painless. Keying off the direct link to the desktop install version on page 2 of this thread, the URL below should take you directly to the SDUpdater file:
    http://downloads.palm.com/Treo750_2_..._SDUpdater.zip
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiejames View Post
    what is the CapPackage.pxp, and how do you delete it?
    I'd say search XDA for the full scoop, but here's the quickie:

1. Download the cabs here:

Then copy them to your Treo.

2. Run CHEE_MountExtROM
    3. Soft Reset
    4. Run Chee_Extrom_rename
    5. Soft Reset
    6. Ensure only file left in Extended ROM is CarrierDB.PXP.
    If so,
    7. Hard reset

If Not, delete again and soft reset until only CarrierDB.pxp is left.

The really short version: CapPackage is all the AT&T crap that's in there, WHICH YOU DO NOT NEED. Leave CarrierDB unless you want to manually set your network settings.
    Welp....I guess I might as well give this a go....I'm actually gonna try this through VMWare and see if it works, it's already worked for other similar functions! I'll let you guys know if updating through a VM worked for me on my macbook pro.

EDIT: worked without a hitch!
    Last edited by Merlyn_3D; 12/04/2007 at 09:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    All done! Seems to have done everything just fine!!! Firmware and software versions are correct. Total process took me 18 mins.

Free storage is 43.15 MB, and Free program is 25.13 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    DOH! I meant "now" at 2.25 - the last step, the 'device customizer,' set the correct version. The AT&T bloatware was installed before that step, though.

-Craig
    Well, thanks to Phil750 who's already jumped on it, you get rid yourself of AT&T's bloatware! That extra 9MB of storage space will likely come in handy.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    IF I wanted to downgrade to WM5 first to be extra safe, do I have to unlock the extended ROM? If so, how do you unlock the extended ROM created by WM6?
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil750 View Post
    I'd say search XDA for the full scoop, but here's the quickie:

1. Download the cabs here:

Then copy them to your Treo.

2. Run CHEE_MountExtROM
    3. Soft Reset
    4. Run Chee_Extrom_rename
    5. Soft Reset
    6. Ensure only file left in Extended ROM is CarrierDB.PXP.
    If so,
    7. Hard reset

If Not, delete again and soft reset until only CarrierDB.pxp is left.

The really short version: CapPackage is all the AT&T crap that's in there, WHICH YOU DO NOT NEED. Leave CarrierDB unless you want to manually set your network settings.
    how do i know that only carrier DB is left?
  15.    #135  
    maybe its just me, but at first right afte the update i notcied an increase in speed, and boy does it look awesome...but now it seems like its bogged down, and running just a tad slower, i know i had a few failed attempts with the update, but finally got it to work, should I redo the update, to see if I can just refresh everything....
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where Windows Live is??? WM6 and no Windows Live? Boo!
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Where do you get the AT&T WM5 ROM from in case you have to downgrade? Anyone have a link they would like to share?
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    The WM5 ROM was on that XDA forum. It is actually the Cingular ROM (pre-ATT). I no longer have the link and besides it probably has moved. I'd recommend going there and searching unless someone else knows of a current link.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiejames View Post
    how do i know that only carrier DB is left?
    You browse through your Treo's file directories, either on the device itself or while it's synced to your computer.

I like Resco Explorer, but the stock file explorer does the same thing.

Once you run the first cab file, the hidden partition should be visible. Delete the cappackage, soft reset to make sure it's gone, then hard reset.
    Last edited by Phil750; 12/04/2007 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS97X View Post
    for those with Serial# issues. it seems the SD cad needs to be out before updating via USB,
    Nothing to do with the Serial # issue, please stop posting this info.

And downgrading shouldn't be necessary, I had wm6 on my 750 and it updated without a problem
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast