Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    same here... hates my serial for some reason????

greg
    Not that I am going to install it (since I have the leaked version and don't wan't to reload everything now), but I too am getting the serial number problem,
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Not sure what you meant by 'not at 2.25".
    DOH! I meant "now" at 2.25 - the last step, the 'device customizer,' set the correct version. The AT&T bloatware was installed before that step, though.

-Craig
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The direct link to the desktop installer on page 2 or 3 of this thread doesn't require a serial number...

-Craig
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    version numbers are different from the leaked, i might as well update...
    Can someone post the SD version, my serial does not work ... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    The direct link to the desktop installer on page 2 or 3 of this thread doesn't require a serial number...

-Craig
    And it installs as a normal update file, or does anything need to be changed/modified?
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    No. The 750updateATT page checks the serial number, then downloads the file that the direct link goes to... Takes about 20-25 minutes in three steps - the desktop program shows the progress. Pretty painless, as far as flashing something goes...

-Craig
    I just got done with a chat session on Palm's site. The tech provided me with a dummy serial number that allowed me to download the update. Be prepared to wait for a tech though, took me almost a half hour to get one.
    I have the Serial Number error also....WTF???

Anyone upload this for us unlucky ones?!!?!??
    My update stopped half way thru and rebooted. My phone settings say 'Treo750-2.25-ATT' but Iím still on Windows Mobile 5.0. When I insert a SD card for the update the phones says the software is newer and can not install. I've tried the Update Recovery tool, but that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I had the same S/N not recognized issue. Its not a leaked WM6 ROM problem. In my case it could be because it is a corporate program bought, non-camera phone. Can anyone confirm that you can go directly from the leaked WM6 ROM to the official AT&T ROM without unlocking the extended ROM?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebb56 View Post
    Can anyone confirm that you can go directly from the leaked WM6 ROM to the official AT&T ROM without unlocking the extended ROM?
    That's what I did - used the direct link on page 2 or 3 - didn't bother with the serial number check.

-Craig
    If you run the desktop update (just the inital launch of it without proceeding further) it extracts stuff to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\MIa00688

The .nbh file is in there (CHEEIMG_FW.nbh)

Assuming you can copy this to another directory, transfer to your miniSD and to the reset+red button method potentially?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrd View Post
    I just got done with a chat session on Palm's site. The tech provided me with a dummy serial number that allowed me to download the update. Be prepared to wait for a tech though, took me almost a half hour to get one.
    Can you post the link to the Palm chat site? I have been unable to find it.
    I am currently on the line with AT&T support and they are looking in to the issue but I will probably need Palm to resolve.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by plaipus View Post
    After deleting the CapPackage.pxp

53.91 megs free.

Nice.

Maybe it's just the afterglow, but this seems snappier than the leaked version (as well it should.)

Well done, Palm. (But it was about friggin time)

See ya for WM6.1

what is the CapPackage.pxp, and how do you delete it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrd View Post
    Can you post the dummy #?
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    CraigD -- Just double checking, you used the direct link (which I did too rather than mess around with customer support), got the desktop updater, then went directly from the leaked ROM to the official release without doing any other preparation, correct? I installed the original leaked ROM a few months back and never messed with it in any way.
    Downloaded the file and it would not extract. Spent 1.5 hrs on line with AT&T with no result.

The only thing that AT&T does well is bill the customer!

Anyone else having problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by abacusnw View Post
    Downloaded the file and it would not extract. Spent 1.5 hrs on line with AT&T with no result.

The onlything that AT&T dies well is bill the customer!

Anyone else having problems?
    I had problems too. I used 7zip to extract the file from the zip, and it worked fine then. Just using winrar gave me a "Cannot extract to folder that already exists" or something.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiejames View Post
    what is the CapPackage.pxp, and how do you delete it?
    Ditto!

And also, did anyone figure out a solution to the serial # issue? I'm having the same problem.