Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Figured out my problem.... i had the miniSD card in the treo and the install will fail if its in the device. Its updating now...
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Storage free is 36.90, program 15.35. Unfortunately, I already installed Google Maps (now version 2.00)...

Firmware 1.54.27.0

-Craig
    FW took a pretty good leap from the previous WM6 versions. RAM seems a bit lower than I expected though, as GMM doesn't take up that much memory.

Any signs that this is WM6.1 from anyone's observations?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrego View Post
    Figured out my problem.... i had the miniSD card in the treo and the install will fail if its in the device. Its updating now...
    ive got my sd card in too, forgot to take it out...im at 70 percent complete? hmm.....
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    FW took a pretty good leap from the previous WM6 versions. RAM seems a bit lower than I expected though, as GMM doesn't take up that much memory.

Any signs that this is WM6.1 from anyone's observations?
    Seems to be 6, not 6.1, from what I've seen described on 6.1.

I'm now at ATT-2.25 - seems you have to run the "device customizer" via ActiveSync to finish off that last little change... Not sure how it's done via SD card...

-Craig

(edited for typo)
    Last edited by CraigD; 12/04/2007 at 07:44 PM.
    After deleting the CapPackage.pxp

53.91 megs free.

Nice.

Maybe it's just the afterglow, but this seems snappier than the leaked version (as well it should.)

Well done, Palm. (But it was about friggin time)

See ya for WM6.1
  6. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=scottymomo;1383390]Storage free is 36.90, program 15.35. Unfortunately, I already installed Google Maps (now version 2.00)...QUOTE]

43.22 Storage 27.37 Program Right after install
    Also, MS Office is at 6.1, as it damn well should be.
    Ok, i have an interesting problem now... did the install via desktop and loaded the official ROM. My version numbers changed, etc. However, because the device rebooted and reset while it was connected and was about to finish the last part, it didnt finish the last part (which loads all the customized stuff that ATT addes like WM Live, etc) I dont have that stuff on my device now. And, I cant update via usb desktop anymore because it detects the ROM version as the latest and it stops.

I wish I would have just did the SD method in the first place... seems that would have just went smoother. I'm trying to boot into the SD version the old way (with PPT and reset button pushed) and see if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Seems to be 6, not 6.1, from what I've seen described on 6.1.

I'm not at ATT-2.25 - seems you have to run the "device customizer" via ActiveSync to finish off that last little change... Not sure how it's done via SD card...

-Craig
    Is 'device customizer' hilighted as a step in the process when updating by USB? Not sure what you meant by 'not at 2.25".
    Oh great.......it doesn't recognize my serial number........says it's "not valid". And it's Cingular branded bought by me from a Cingular store......
    Last edited by ToonFan; 12/04/2007 at 06:59 PM.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    Oh great.......it doesn't recognize my serial number........says it's "not valid". And it's Cingular branded bought by me from a Cingular store......
    +1
    odd i tried the SD install method on my leaked version. Ran through the first part rebooted the device, then brought me to the color bars. Per the directions I did a hard reset(power key and soft reset button). The device booted normally, then said it was applying customizations (i think don't remember exactly) and then was done. Nothing erased, etc. My version now shows 2.25ATT and it didn't before (still showed CNG something). So I'm going to play around and make sure it's working right. Firmware now 1.47.25. I tried to pop the card in again and says my version is newer than the card. so I think if the update didn't work I'd have to go back to WM5 then try it again? We'll see how it works.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    Exact same thing happening to me...
    Do you have the leaked WM6 installed?
    I do but this should not be a problem right?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    is there no longer an on rom msn or live presence?
    In Geological time Very, Very, Very, Very, Very Soon does mean 6months to 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ffaridi1 View Post
    I have a 100% unmolested Cingular version.
    Quote Originally Posted by ffaridi1 View Post

It's the WM5 version that came pre-loaded. I never even attempted to change it.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
    odd i tried the SD install method on my leaked version. Ran through the first part rebooted the device, then brought me to the color bars. Per the directions I did a hard reset(power key and soft reset button). The device booted normally, then said it was applying customizations (i think don't remember exactly) and then was done. Nothing erased, etc. My version now shows 2.25ATT and it didn't before (still showed CNG something). So I'm going to play around and make sure it's working right. Firmware now 1.47.25. I tried to pop the card in again and says my version is newer than the card. so I think if the update didn't work I'd have to go back to WM5 then try it again? We'll see how it works.
    1.47.25 is the leaked-ATT ROM version, so it sounds like it didn't complete the update.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techfury90 View Post
    Oh man... I tinkered with the ROW DL URLs...
    http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...topUpdater.zip
    Behold.
    thx for share

PALM.COM told me my CNG treo750 SN is wrong SN..
    Quote Originally Posted by hindle View Post
    I have a 100% unmolested Cingular version.
    I am getting the same error.
    Mine was purchased direct through Cingular as a corporate phone. Has not been modified in any way.

Currently trying to set up a chat session with AT&T support. I am sure resolution is "just around the corner".
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    same here... hates my serial for some reason????

greg