Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    So this is my first post on here and whenever I join a new forum I always acknowledge my lack of past postings on the site so I apologize for any repeats on here but I am curious as to some general opinions.
    I have noticed that the Palm 700wx seems to have several minor glitches and I am getting the idea based on others problems that this is very commonplace. Is this an issue of Palm or the Microsoft software? Are most smartphones "glitchy like this because they are like a mini computer or is this mostly a Palm thing? Also today after having my 700wx for only a month I have already had to do a "hard reset" because when I was trying to get on the internet I was getting a message saying that a modem couldn't be detected. It seems to me that a phone should not need to be reset after having it for only a short period of time. Has anyone else had this happen?
    Last edited by aerajan; 12/02/2007 at 07:44 PM.
    I have the 755p and have had to reset it numerous times due to freezeups. I don't know why but I never had this problem with my prior 650
    I think when it comes to PPC's (or....electronics...heck...everything), it is all in what you want out of it and what 'glitches' are able to be lived with. I am sure you will find arguments the glitches are on Palm's side, arguments they are on Mocrosoft's side, but in the end, there are glitches on both sides, and if you enter any other forum for any other brand PPC/OS, you will find the same things....this OS has this glitch, this (insert device name here) has that glitch!!!!

I think if you find a device, whether it be a Treo, Touch.....even an iphone) that has more plusses for you, and has glitches you can work around....then that is the device for you. The current device for me happens to be the 700WX.......I love it, and the one or two glitches I have run across I have either solved, or found work-arounds for!!!!

If you need advice or help, please ask, the important thing is not to get you into the 700 or Palm, but in what works for you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I think when it comes to PPC's (or....electronics...heck...everything), it is all in what you want out of it and what 'glitches' are able to be lived with. I am sure you will find arguments the glitches are on Palm's side, arguments they are on Mocrosoft's side, but in the end, there are glitches on both sides, and if you enter any other forum for any other brand PPC/OS, you will find the same things....this OS has this glitch, this (insert device name here) has that glitch!!!!

I think if you find a device, whether it be a Treo, Touch.....even an iphone) that has more plusses for you, and has glitches you can work around....then that is the device for you. The current device for me happens to be the 700WX.......I love it, and the one or two glitches I have run across I have either solved, or found work-arounds for!!!!

If you need advice or help, please ask, the important thing is not to get you into the 700 or Palm, but in what works for you!!!
    Here, here!

Now... If only I could find a way to make the BT better...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Here, here!

Now... If only I could find a way to make the BT better...
    LOL.....I am with you there...that is the main glitch I have just learned to live with!!!!
    LOL.....I am with you there...that is the main glitch I have just learned to live with!!!!
    Yeah... I keep telling myself to just live with it but yet I keep fighting... ;-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I would NEVER give up the fight!!!! I am in total agreement with you, I found a glitch I can live with, but that doesn't mean I am not always on the lookout for fixes, or trying different headsets (actually...the Motorola H700 I am using now works pretty well)!!!!!

Although.....at times it feels more like:
    Although.....at times it feels more like:
    exactly why I have stuck with a corded earpiece.
    given all the "issues" it just seems easier.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    exactly why I have stuck with a corded earpiece.
    given all the "issues" it just seems easier.
    Heh... I bought a nice corded headset and was relatively happy with it until my wife vacuumed the cord off of it about a week after I bought it...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

OUCH!!!!

Reminds me of the nice one I had.....until one of my kids managed to get one end tangled in their bike.....not pretty!!!!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response. Most of the quirks I can live with I just didnt' like the fact that after only having the phone for a short period of time I already had to do a hard reset. But I agree that every electronic device has it's own issues. I wasn't quite sure what you guys meant by the bluetooth issue though. I use the Jawbone headset and don't have any issues.
    The BT glitch is that basically a lot of people have a hard time finding the 'right' device, and an even harder time keeping it connected. I have found different devices seem to work for different people. I use the Motorola H700 with no problems, but my H500 couldn't stay active more than one call. I have friends that can't use anything but Plantronics, and as you mentioned Jawbone works for some people. I say....GO WITH IT!!!!!!

PS - As far as the hard reset thing....just make sure you have a backup app w/a current backup file and the damage will be minimal!!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    That makes sense. I forgot that I did have an instance or two in which my headset seemed to disconnect but haven't given it too much thought. I don' t use it often because I am usually too lazy to put in on and charge it lol.
    Last edited by aerajan; 12/04/2007 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aerajan View Post
    That makes sense. I forgot that I did have an instance or two in which my headset seemed to disconnect but haven't given it too much thought. I don' t use it often because I am usually too lazy to put in on and charge it lol.
    Man....how many times have I done THAT!!!!I should have one hooked up to a charger at home, car, and at work just to make sure I always have one, I always wind up hearing that beeping sound!!!!!

If you have only had 'an instance or two' then you don't have a worry, you have found the device that works for you!!