1.    #1  
    Hey yall been away from the treo forum world for a while. Was just wondering before I jump the treo ship does anyone in here know if the new samsung i760 takes 4,6,8 gig micro sd cards. I know it says it can do up to 2gb micro but how about the others (4,6,8). Also I do know that the new 6800 can handle up to 8 gig micro sd card but as I remember the 6700 was very slugish yucky.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    I've been looking at the i-760 as well. From a bunch of online research I read somewhere (pdaphonehome.com, maybe) that there is an sdhc cab/hack that will allow the i-760 to read up to 4gb.

As far as jumping to the i-760, I spoke with Verizon the other day and because they finally replaced my 700w with a 700wx (all warranty, not insurance replacements) my new every 2 got extended a full 2 years when they "gave" me the wx. Long story short, I've been told if I purchase the i-760 before the end of my "new" 2 year agreement I have to pay full retail. So I am sitting on the proverbial fence. FWIW, my original purchace of the w was Januenary 2006 so I am not real excited about waiting until July of 2009 (my new contract completion date.) Hmmmmn.
    Jornada 548; Jornada 568; Treo 600; Treo 700w; Treo 700wx (vzw)
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    A warranty replacement shouldn't have required a 2-year extension. I'd give them a call back and complain about that. I had my w upgraded to a wx via warranty in Jan '07 and it did not require extending my contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    A warranty replacement shouldn't have required a 2-year extension. I'd give them a call back and complain about that. I had my w upgraded to a wx via warranty in Jan '07 and it did not require extending my contract.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I just got off the phone with verizon and they corrected their admitted mistake of extending my contract. I know this is going a bit off topic but they changed my new every 2 date to today. Over the phone they quoted me $262.49 for an i-760 with a new 2 year contract ( a 1 year contract was $545.99). I confirmed the 30 day trial period and the fact that I can return the i-760 to a store if I decide I don't like it for a full refund.

Subsequently, I just ordered a 4gb sdhc sandisk micro sd w/sd adapter for $44.90 from www.digitalmediaoutlet.com. They both should arrive the the beginning of the week. I'll probably start a new thread to let everyone know how the transition from my 700wx goes.
    Jornada 548; Jornada 568; Treo 600; Treo 700w; Treo 700wx (vzw)