1.    #1  
    I'm trying to log into my schools wireless network with a wifi card on my 700wx, but because they want to know whos on it for security reasons they as me for a MAC address. My Questions are:
    What is a MAC address and are there any other names?
    Where would i find the MAC address? is it on the Phone or in the software for the sd card or where?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPampani View Post
    I'm trying to log into my schools wireless network with a wifi card on my 700wx, but because they want to know whos on it for security reasons they as me for a MAC address. My Questions are:
    What is a MAC address and are there any other names?
    Where would i find the MAC address? is it on the Phone or in the software for the sd card or where?
    A MAC address is a machine address. All network devicis have a unique MAC address from the factory and normally cannot be changed. I don't have a WiFi card, but... I would expect the MAC address to be givin in the WiFi card documentation, or on the card itself, or accessible when inserted into the phone from the WiFi card properties or some such.

-Frank
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    A MAC address is a machine address. All network devicis have a unique MAC address from the factory and normally cannot be changed. I don't have a WiFi card, but... I would expect the MAC address to be givin in the WiFi card documentation, or on the card itself, or accessible when inserted into the phone from the WiFi card properties or some such.

-Frank
    Thanks Frank that gave me exactly what i needed
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    http://timestocomemobile.com/2007/10...e-5-and-6.html

Turn on the wifi you can't see the mac address when the wifi is off. Then go into the settings and you'll see it.