Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    "I get by with a little help from my friends..."

    First, thanks all for solving the handful of annoyances that I've had upgrading my 750 to WM6. I've got one more that I need help with.

    The particulars:
    Cingular branded 750
    Upgraded to Palm unbranded WM6 ROW release
    Apps re-installed so far: TomTom nav6, sbpbackup, sbpmobileshell, spbpocketplus, TCPMP, spbphonesuite, Omega One 1-Calc

    The problem:

    I'm getting this 5-tones, descending chime at seemingly random intervals, but several times an hour. No notification on screen. No applications running so far as the task manager is concerned.

    This continues even when all sounds are turned off in the sounds and notification manager. The only way to not hear it is to turn off all sound with the switch on top of the phone, or dial the volume all the way down.

    This did not occur on WM5 with the same apps/versions, so my first suspect is something in WM6. Unfortunately, I have no documentation, and the phone/os/app doesn't give any indication in the display regarding what it's chiming about.

    Anyone have any insight on this before I go through the pain of backing up, hard resetting, and slowly reinstalling and restoring changes one by one to see what's causing it?
  2. #2  
    Do you have SPB Phone Suite or another profiles app installed?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Do you have SPB Phone Suite or another profiles app installed?
    Yes -- Spb Phone Suite. I haven't set up the profiles yet as I had them under WM5. I've only installed the app.

    Is there some sort of chime in there somewhere? Never heard it on WM5. Please elaborate!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwallersv View Post
    Yes -- Spb Phone Suite. I haven't set up the profiles yet as I had them under WM5. I've only installed the app.

    Is there some sort of chime in there somewhere? Never heard it on WM5. Please elaborate!
    Go into your Phone Suite Option -> Phone Notifications -> and you'll find that alert tone listed as Spbnotification under Sound. You just need to setup the alert to work the way you want from there.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Go into your Phone Suite Option -> Phone Notifications -> and you'll find that alert tone listed as Spbnotification under Sound. You just need to setup the alert to work the way you want from there.
    That was it... thanks!

    I'll post an enhancement request to SpbSoftware that they add a visual notification as well, showing that it is coming from Spb Phone Suite, on by default and possible to disable. That would have saved a lot of frustration on my part, and I'm guessing other people that run into this mysterious tone coming out of nowhere.

Posting Permissions