Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. m5rahul's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by softmagnet View Post
    No offense intended however, it seems that anytime someone expresses their displeasure at the glacier like speed at which this update is coming, and that both AT&T an Palm has no answer other then “soon” someone jumps in with; “hey man use the leaked rom, it’s perfect”

    Let me point out that there are many out there that would love to use this magic rom but the warranty issue holds them back. For myself, I’d love to use it, but because I have no land line at my home and haven’t had one for 7 years, my only phone connection to the outside world is this 750. Sure, it has some problems, none are critical, and at worst are inconveniences. I run a business out of my home and use the same phone for that as well. If something were to go wrong, I’d be screwed. So, I’m sure you can understand my reluctance to upgrade to this leaked rom.

    My point is; the leaked rom answer isn’t for everyone.
    I understand where you're coming from because I'm in the same shoes as you.. However, I have upgraded to the XDA cooked WM6 Rom and have zero issues 'knock on wood'... Like you, I heavily depend on my 750 because it's my primary line and is, for the most part, used for my business.

    Having said that, I always carry a back-up phone.. should the cooked ROM or the phone itself decides to belly up on me... And, because I always have a backup phone and SIM with me, I risked flashing the ROM.

    Finally, I did have a hardware issue with the 750 .. Took it into an ATT Corp store and they replaced the phone for me and didn't give me a hard time for having an unofficial WM6 on it.. Yes, the tech support guy did notice it was WM6 and not WM5.. but didn't care.. YMMV on this!

    WM6 is so ... so much better than WM5, it's unbelievable!! It's what WM5 should've been to begin with!..

    Just my .02 ..
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    WM6 is so ... so much better than WM5, it's unbelievable!! It's what WM5 should've been to begin with!..
    Oh just rub it in will ya!

  3. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    WM6 is so ... so much better than WM5, it's unbelievable!!
    It's a bit quicker and solved a couple of issues I was having with my 750v but I don't think there's a massive difference between the two

    One thing that bugs me in WM6 is when you go into an appointment in the calender the left soft key used to be mapped to Edit, which makes sense, now for some unknown reason it's mapped to Reply
  4. #24  
    i used to come to this site for insight, and help on my treo issues, but not after the way I am treated by posting my "concerns" for the WM6. Have a good one from here on out..

    no flamming, no rebutle, this is my last post on this board, and the last time I come to treo central...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiejames View Post
    i used to come to this site for insight, and help on my treo issues, but not after the way I am treated by posting my "concerns" for the WM6. Have a good one from here on out..

    no flamming, no rebutle, this is my last post on this board, and the last time I come to treo central...
    Door, ****... you know the story..

    Dude, you seem to be able to dish it out (see your conversation with the Palm rep) but can't take it. Really, people with skin that thin don't belong on message boards - there are times you are just gonna get hammered.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Door, ****... you know the story..

    Dude, you seem to be able to dish it out (see your conversation with the Palm rep) but can't take it. Really, people with skin that thin don't belong on message boards - there are times you are just gonna get hammered.
    However, to have less regard for a forum than for a public restroom speaks volumes about those doing the 'hammering'.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    However, to have less regard for a forum than for a public restroom speaks volumes about those doing the 'hammering'.
    Spoken by the guy who has been hammering the tar out of someone in another thread and calling him a phisher.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Spoken by the guy who has been hammering the tar out of someone in another thread and calling him a phisher.
    Your misrepresentation of the facts is duly noted. Kindly treat others as you wish to be treated, including, but not limited to, not insulting their intelligence.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions