Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by danky View Post
    Well considering Verizon doesn't have a 6800 out yet how will I know until I see it? Also remember the treo 700's huge BT problems? Hannip fixed that long ago on the Treo's, as well as Firmware 1.22. The gent having his Bluetooth issues should check to see if he has the final 1.22. HTC hasn't released the 6800, I just like the look of the specs at the moment. The benefit with the 6700 and 6800 is this and othe great communities that make patches and fixes (such as Hannip)

On a side note - What is your problem? I appreciate the WMExperts community and use you guys as a resource all the time, while I may not have stuff to post, I read. But why are you personally attacking me when I have done nothing to you? Unless you are Palm or Verizon?
    1.22 is Verizon, I have 1.15 for Sprint, which includes the same fixes as 1.15 with Verizon. I still have some BT issues, but its not as bad as it was before the update.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    There is no third party software, except for the Verizon provided wireless sync client. I am an IT expert, MCSE, A+, and I also code for the Windows Mobile environment. I also provided patches for Palm for some issues which were included in 1.22.
    I'm just curious, but why are you using VZW's Wireless Sync, why not Exchange? I had a 700w from Jan '06 'til Jan '07, and a 700wx since then on an SBS Exchange server. Never a problem like you've had. Doesn't using VZW's software, which isn't native on WM5, ring an alarm bell as well? Why run some 3rd party application on 40 workstations when a single Exchange server for a company of your size would do?
    littleway -

That was an average of replacements, not an actual number. For example, I personally went through 7 Treo 700w's. ALL with manufacturers defects and defective refurbs. They would all go to the point where they would not hard reset so they were bricked. I also had 5 phones brick themselves doing the 1.22 firmware update. Before you call BS, ask for facts, which I am happy to provide. There is no third party software, except for the Verizon provided wireless sync client. I am an IT expert, MCSE, A+, and I also code for the Windows Mobile environment. I also provided patches for Palm for some issues which were included in 1.22. Done Trolling?
    Not trolling. Never have. My post count is irrelevant other than the fact that I've been around here a long time. Trolls or rude posters don't last here. Read my posts. You'd be hard pressed to find anything that even remotely resembles trolling.

You said each one has had almost three replacements. That means each one of your 40 phones has had at minimum 2 replacements. Those are your facts, so don't complain about my replying without facts. I replied with the info you provided. If you didn't provide enough, that's not my issue. Regardless, I can't see how it's possible on a stock phone given the numbers you provide if it's not an implementation problem aka pilot error. The W has had it's issues but you're talking about 40 phones w/ a minimum of 2 replacements each. 80/80 phones defective? Not possible. If there was a 100% failure rate or defect rate it would be readily apparent in this forum; it's not.

You're a tech wizard. Good for you. Seriously. But, that doesn't have anything to do with the odds that a company would have to replace 80/80 stock phones at minimum by your count.

As to "pilot error" that doesn't mean it's your fault. And even the smartest IT guys can make mistakes implementing technology into a workforce. Your problem could be the end users, which would also qualify as pilot error. Don't be so sensitive. You post about a P, W and WX. You implemented two different OS phones?

Your commentary sounds more like a rant than a request for help figuring out your tech issue. There are plenty of very smart ppl here when it comes to Treo & WM5 problem solving at very high levels. I'm not really one of them, but I'll always try to help when I can. I never claim to be any sort of tech guru, but I do have a solid understanding of statistical likelihoods and analysis. In the end the only ways an 80/80 failure can be explained are, pilot error, bs/exageration, technical incompatibility. Given the lack of any postings even remotely resembling your failure rate, among the thousands of posts here or at ppcgeeks, I find it beyond extremely unlikely that it's a technical defect or warrants a class action. Knock yourself out though.

The only thing Verizon did, imo that would warrant an action is their description of the W which mislead the purchaser regarding the amount of available program memory the device had available.
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 11/29/2007 at 09:42 AM.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I hate these threads. Point is, someone made a "troll-like" post on a forum of users who actually like the device and people are getting hot and bothered about his post. I say ignore him, he hasn't posted ANYTHING relevant and almost seems like he wants a flame war.
    I meant that Verizon doesn't have the HTC 6800 available yet. 512mhz 96mb rom 256MB RAM. Great specs, but we all know it is a rough ride in the beginning. It's how you patch it and how fast you do it. Palm's 1.22 came too little too late, warranties have already expired and so on. I also meant thanks for PPCGeeks, without that I wouldn't have WM6 on my 6700 or any AKU's. Thanks!
    The VZW 6800 only has 64MB of RAM. The demo unit I had a month or so ago was the slowest POS I've ever handled. I don't know if it was the final "build" or not, but man... had to reboot it after a few hours of use after the memory ran way down. We've banned it from coming into our organization.

The i760 does rock though. 700wx folks who are used to the front keyboard, are at least going to need a front keypad.

P.S. The 6800 is now available:
    BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless , the leading wireless company with the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, announced the XV6800 is available today online and through Verizon Wireless business sales. The XV6800 will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Dec. 5.
    Treo here used to send random text messages. and it would take sometimes up to 24h to send or receive some. had it replaced. all is well.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Yes the WX is better, because of the added RAM, but it still has a lot of unresolved issues. While it may not be as bad as the 700W, it is still a lemon.
    And if you think the 700wx is a lemon, I'll show you about 4 dozen other WM smartphones that will make you beg for your 700wx back.
    I got the Verizon 700W when it first came out. I had a lot of problems and went through two units. I now have a Sprint 700WX that I updated to v1.15 and don't have any problems. Not even the sms/e-mail glitch described here. While many people swear at the Palm 700WX because of what it can't or won't do, I have tailored the phone to suit my needs and am quite happy with it. I love the form factor. I tried the HTC 6700 and recently looked at the 6800 but it was inconvenient for me to slide the phone open every time I wanted to use the keyboard.

I empathize with your problems and realize you are ranting and venting, but I humbly submit it was a bit presumptuous to assume everyone feels the same way you do. The phone is not perfect but I choose to use it.
    The 700wx with its 50MB free RAM is the best device I've ever used and I could easily see myself using it for another year or two if a better integrated exposed QWERTY device does not come along.

Having said that, if Palm told me to stop sending emails to solve my problems, I too would seek some kind of remedy.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    If you undertood how a computer worked you would understand it may not be Palm's problem that your email is forwarded as an SMS. That's actuallly a software issue and EULAs protect them on that. Enjoy your fight. You have already lost.
    To the OP, I am glad to know I was not the only one with the SMS sending out email problems as it did ultimately become a breach. Palm had NO solution when I called them and Verizon's solution was a factory reset, which only solved the issue temporarily. Do you or any one else know if that issue was ever resolved? I left treo's in favor of a blackberry and have not looked back since only because of that SMS/email cross that ended up sending my personal business emails to my boss!
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well I just thought I would put my boxing gloves on and just get into this. Anyone want to box still?

LOL

Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Maybe it is a conspiracy and all your e-mail are belong to us!

Give up people, you will have to get a court order to get a hold of the software to prove they are intentionally sending your e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    Maybe it is a conspiracy and all your e-mail are belong to us!

Give up people, you will have to get a court order to get a hold of the software to prove they are intentionally sending your e-mail.
    I don't think it is intentional, I just deem it as unaaceptable as that is a security breach to have your emails broadcast to unintended recipients. That is a flaw that should not go unfixed. I could give a crap less about sueing, but when you pay $600 for a device, it should be safe to use.
    How's the lawsuit going?

Lawsuits will not solve anything. Exercise you consumer rights and buy a competitive product. That's what I plan to do. I don't blame Palm any more than I blame Verizon. Palm won't build a product unless a carrier wants it. Then Palm builds it to the carriers specs. I'm jumping ship to AT&T for awhile and try my luck with GSM and more phone variety.
    It's time for Palm to pay the piper. After documenting over 50 critical bugs to palm and Verizon, a patch was released to fix some issues. One big issue they will never get around is the flawed design of the Treo 700P/W/WX. I work for a large company and support over 40 of these phones. Each one has had almost 3 replacements, so in all, I've been through 120 defective Treo's.

Here's an example of a critical flaw never fixed:

Me: Yes, Palm, I have a major problem here.

Palm: Yes we know the Treo sucks, but what is it this time?

Me: Well, you see, sometimes, randomly, I will send a text message and for absolutely no reason, it will grab my outlook email and send it my SMS recipient. This is terrible as it could lead to breaches.

Palm: Oh wow, that's bad! OK here's the solution - stop using your Treo for email. There, problem fixed.

That is a no BS re enactment of Palm's dedication to fixing this phone. The Lawfirm that handled the original suit is preparing another one, so let's get them to do the right thing and provide a good phone for once!

Danky - I feel your pain. I posted this as an issue about a year ago when my 700wx started sending random text messages from old e-mail and it was an issue that was largely ignored. It was also unresolved by Sprint, Palm, and Microsoft. After some research, I have concluded that it is a WM5 bug - not anything defective with the device because I also ran across some PPC 6700 owners who experienced the same error. I just got rid of the darned thing. It was a breach that caused me a GREAT problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleLee View Post
    Danky - I feel your pain. I posted this as an issue about a year ago when my 700wx started sending random text messages from old e-mail and it was an issue that was largely ignored. It was also unresolved by Sprint, Palm, and Microsoft. After some research, I have concluded that it is a WM5 bug - not anything defective with the device because I also ran across some PPC 6700 owners who experienced the same error. I just got rid of the darned thing. It was a breach that caused me a GREAT problem.
    I did the same, I switched over to the Blackberry and have not been back to Windows Mobile since. It is a shame that it has gone unfixed because I did like WM devices, I had the Q and Treo. The BB is great, but I miss the camera of the Treo and the MMS as verizon has restricted MMS usage on all Blackberries except the new Pearl which has a learning curve with it's keyboard.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12