Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    maybe not actually, I got a location showing in the help -> about but when I hit 0 I got the temporarily unavailable thingy again

EDIT -- spoke to soon, now I have the blue dot, neat!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Huh:

The new feature will be available on most smart phones, including the BlackBerry, new Nokia Symbian devices, many Windows Mobile devices (except the Motorola Q, Samsung Blackjack, and Palm Treo 700W).

(source)

Also not working with Mogul users either.

Doesn't Live Search on Sprint use Triangulation too and we can't do that either?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    maybe not actually, I got a location showing in the help -> about but when I hit 0 I got the temporarily unavailable thingy again

EDIT -- spoke to soon, now I have the blue dot, neat!
    What phone? The 700wx?

Still not working here, but my Mal's information, I don't expect it to It really sucks because I know I would use it more if I didn't need my BT GPS puck with me all the time.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw your other post about a 750 lol
    I just tried it on my girlfriend's Verizon Wireless Motorola Q9m without any luck. I also made sure location was turned on in the phone settings and not on 911 calls only. When it's to good to be true, it probably is.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Not that it helps you, but it does work on my Curve. I'm thinking three things:
    1. As mentioned elsewhere, the native POS app hasn't been updated. No matter what the link says, it's still 1.2.0.9
    2. Google seems to only be enhancing the Java version
    3. Even with the Java version, not all OS versions/carrier customizations report the cell tower info
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    What phone do you have? I have the 700WX, and mine said N/A, but my data was off (at work now), so in a little bit I will turn it back on and see if it changes with the data connected, maybe I checked too soon.

Like Malatesta said....this is getting good!!!!
    Treo 750 w/WM6. Still no luck though the location is still showing up.
    The Google Maps for Mobile software is a downloadable program and it is preinstalled on some phones. The new feature will be available on most smart phones, including the BlackBerry, new Nokia Symbian devices, many Windows Mobile devices (except the Motorola Q, Samsung Blackjack, and Palm Treo 700W).
    My read of that is that they are talking about preinstalled googlemaps, not that it won't work. Am I wrong?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I think it is more like they are activating that function on devices as they finalize testing. I think the rest of the upgrage (works like lightning on my device now) made it feasable to release before this function was completed. I posted over in Google about it, I wanted to make sure they were continuing on, and how it will be inplimented...a new CAB download, or a wireless update sent to our devices without us doing anything (so we have to keep checking settings id that option is how they do it).

I will post here with any response, I think it will be pretty soon though, I have seem more and more posts saying it is working over in PPCGeeks, and Google!!
    As of Nov 28, Google was advising folks that the My Location feature was not yet supported on the Treo.

Click here to read the thread following the comment copied below.

This was posted by a Google employee in the GMM forums:

=============================================
    Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:48:28 -0800 (PST)
    Local: Wed, Nov 28 2007 3:48 pm
    Subject: Re: Google Maps 2.0 with My Location (beta)!
    Reply | Forward | Print | Individual message | Report this message | Find messages by this author
    Hi folks,

GMM 2.0 with My Location (beta) features works with the following:

* BlackBerry devices
    * Some recent Motorola devices
    * Some recent Sony Ericsson devices
    * Many Windows Mobile devices
    * Nokia Series 60 3rd Edition devices

At this time, it is not available for Palm Treo devices or the Apple
    iPhone.

Thanks,
    Mobile Guide
    ===============================================

NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
  10.    #30  
    but once again, the term 'Palm Treo' may mean different things to different people. I would bet that statement above really means 'Palm OS' Treos.

But until they clarify, who really knows. I know that the MyLocation feature isn't working on my WX, so - maybe they mean all Treos made by Palm/PalmOne/Palm1ne/Handspring/Palm Computing/Palm, a 3Com Company/Palm a US Robotics Company/blah blah.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    but once again, the term 'Palm Treo' may mean different things to different people. I would bet that statement above really means 'Palm OS' Treos...
    Aye, that's the theory today (and I hope it's correct!)
    There's a VZW 700wx here at my side, and I'd love to see the feature spit back more than the temp unavailable message.

I'll be amused when I can say with real conviction that "I am somewhere right about, um... well... sorta' here within this 1/2 mile blob."

You also find within that statement "Many Windows Mobile devices", so that does cover a LOT of territory, so weather you interpret their Palm Treo to mean the Palm OS, or Treo's in general, our WXs are still under the 'Many' umbrella.

Basically, we have to sit and wait. I think the rest of the upgrade is great, so I am content to wait!!!! :-)
    ...our WXs are still under the 'Many' umbrella...
    Darn, the voice of reason wins again. (Curse you, oh logical one - I wanted to rant!)

I think "Post it when you get it" and "I want my new toy" are the watch-phrases of the thread.

I'll keep checking back because teh new feature just looks pretty cool and...
    "I WANT MY NEW TOY!" (Yeah, I'm enjoying this far too much, eh?)

[/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by MobileRealtor View Post
    Darn, the voice of reason wins again. (Curse you, oh logical one - I wanted to rant!)

I think "Post it when you get it" and "I want my new toy" are the watch-phrases of the thread.

I'll keep checking back because teh new feature just looks pretty cool and...
    "I WANT MY NEW TOY!" (Yeah, I'm enjoying this far too much, eh?)

[/rant]
    No matter what quote I use, or how I tell it.......

I'm with ya!!!!!

I check about 4 times a day, I am a 'want it now' person as well LOL!!!!!

Oh well, I guess that just keeps us interested and talking!!!! :-)

Oh well, I guess that just keeps us interested and talking!!!! :-)
    I've already had a client look at my phone while I was checking. She asked why I had a map of the SF area on it. (I am 35 miles North of NYC)
    I replied that I was checking to see if the new feature worked.

She IMMEDIATELY downloaded to her Treo and spent the next 15 minutes cursing me for dragging her into this.

Since a cult without followers wouldn't be worth much, it's probably a good thing that Google sucked us all in, eh?

LOL.....I love it!!!! I have done that before (different apps, at different times), man is it fun to get somebody else as wrapped up (if not more) in something like this than you are!!!!!
    I just signed up for "studies" that Google conduct from time to time- who knows, maybe they'll use me to test out how to make this work on our devices.

Meantime, perhaps signing up for being a Google study participant can help[ move things along, so i encourage you all to consider it..

https://survey.google.com/wix/p08227...ral_code=GMMHP
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I just signed up for "studies" that Google conduct from time to time- who knows, maybe they'll use me to test out how to make this work on our devices.

Meantime, perhaps signing up for being a Google study participant can help[ move things along, so i encourage you all to consider it..

https://survey.google.com/wix/p08227...ral_code=GMMHP
    Thanks for the heads up, you have a good point!!
    Loaded the newest .jad onto my Blackberry today, since my 750 still can't get the aGPS 'My Location' feature to operate, and no love there either. Has anyone confirmed aGPS operating on any device? Is it possible that support is rolling out regionally?
    I was looking on ebay today and saw this. Wanted to know if it will work as GPS for google maps?

http://cgi.ebay.com/For-Treo-650-700...QQcmdZViewItem
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast