1.    #1  
    Wow just looked at my avatar, Ive had a treo in my pocket for 4 years now

Im going overseas for a month at xmas, and because of Atts retarded overseas data charges for the Treo, it was decided that I must use a BBerry Curve for the duration of my trip. Apparently the Att curve plan allows for unlimited international data and the treo is capped at some silly low amount.

I have been using hte Curve for 2 days now and i like the form factor, but the functionality is just very very lacking. The things i miss the most are IMAP email support (ALL MY FOLDERS!!!) not to mention like 3 years worth of emails I carry around in my pocket. HTML email support is basically non existent. They have a couple workarounds but they are hardly acceptable. Edge!!! who the hell uses Edge anymore, WTF.

Im a network engineer and the lack of 3g and 3rd party apps for VNC / SSH (well they have but VNC at Edge speed...come on)

On the flip side the size is great, battery life is very good, camera is excellent (has a flash!) and the PTT is neat but i think will get very annoying very fast.

Oh ya and i lub the little trackball works very nice.

I dont think that the pluses outweigh the minuses here
    Last edited by HumP; 11/28/2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: left out
    Everyone who uses only an iPhone is stuck on EDGE. Plus many other phones still only work on EDGE. They're just now releasing US 3G phones in bigger numbers.

Anyway, why not get an unlocked 750 and get an overseas SIM?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Everyone who uses only an iPhone is stuck on EDGE. Plus many other phones still only work on EDGE. They're just now releasing US 3G phones in bigger numbers.

Anyway, why not get an unlocked 750 and get an overseas SIM?

I have a unlocked 750 but the overseas data plans are not prepaid only for contract users in the Philippines. Ill just have to suffer i suppose.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    or see if you can use the BB plan with your 750. I know you can use T-Mobile's BB plan with the Treo 680's and its just like the total internet plans.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  5.    #5  
    att as far as i understand ties the bberrys PIN number to the network. Its the same as a IMEI number but its in addition to the IMEI
    No pre-paid data? That sucks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #7  
    ya tell me about it. I dont think that their market is calling for it yet. Most could not afford it anyhow
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    worth swapping the SIMs with your Treo and seeing if it works, don't see why it should not work. Its GSM, they can't really restrict much.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+