1.    #1  
    i've searched on treocentral and ppcgeeks and there are absolutely no square skins for wmp10. I've tried downloading them all and even have been using 240x320 skins with the buttons cut off on the bottom! arugh! Does anyone know of where I can find a good square skin (preferrably black) that works for the treo? btw, I'm looking for free ones.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    i've searched on treocentral and ppcgeeks and there are absolutely no square skins for wmp10. I've tried downloading them all and even have been using 240x320 skins with the buttons cut off on the bottom! arugh! Does anyone know of where I can find a good square skin (preferrably black) that works for the treo? btw, I'm looking for free ones.

theres not that many;

but i have a few, let me get some links together when i get off work tonight.
  3.    #3  
    I can tell... and its highly annoying. I've been searching for almost 4 hours. yes I'm really determined.
  4.    #4  
    found 1! not quite what I want, but I'm glad I at least found one.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7747

works well too. I'll post more if I find some, but the way this is going, it could take several hours. lucky thing classes are boring enough!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #5  
    well a full day of searching and I got nothing. maybe I'll learn how to make my own skins. anybody got some insight?
    spb has a player skin, and its free, its black with lighting in it, ive had it... and its free! lol.
    Treo 700wx,755p,Htc Diamond...
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Last edited by pteezay; 11/29/2007 at 08:30 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pteezay View Post
    I downloaded and installed a few... all I can say theyre UGLY! thanks for the link though.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    I downloaded and installed a few... all I can say theyre UGLY! thanks for the link though.
    ^^;; hate to say this, but square devices are going to be a bit limited on your choices.

thus why I skin everything myself.

what exactly are you looking for, so we can help out a bit more?

but being that theres so few square skins, you may be left making your own skin up.
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    ^^;; hate to say this, but square devices are going to be a bit limited on your choices.

but being that theres so few square skins, you may be left making your own skin up.
    Is there a tutorial, or a way you can instruct someone (without making you type out a book that is)? I would be interested in trying to skin my own if I knew how!!!

what kind of skins have you made? do you think you could show off what you've done? maybe i could rock one of em on my phone!
    Check out my buddy's music on MySpace!

http://www.myspace.com/rstboys
  12.    #12  
    black an simple. nice buttons. and maybe an area for album art. I like how pocket player looks, but would rather not use another program to take up more space when I already have 2 other functioning media players on my device. I like the iphone skin that is floating around. just wish it was for a square skin. it has like 3 buttons on it, black, a statusbar, and a place for album art.
    if i could get a black, simple skin for my 700wx, i'd be so happy...anyone got one for me? lol
    Check out my buddy's music on MySpace!

http://www.myspace.com/rstboys
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Is there a tutorial, or a way you can instruct someone (without making you type out a book that is)? I would be interested in trying to skin my own if I knew how!!!
    I can see if i can whip together a guide

or possibly make the skin if i get more details in what people want.
    I know you said you didn't want to use Pocket Player, for the simple fact of having yet another player app, but - let me tell you my thought on that same subject.

I'd used Pocket Tunes on my 600 and 650, back in the Palm OS days, and really liked that app. A lot. When I went over to WM, I looked around for a bit for something better than WMP. Nothing <really> did it for me, and I tried just about all of them. So I resigned myself to using WMP - worked fine, nothing spectacular - pretty basic. What I really did NOT like at about WMP is how when you exit the app (at least based on how I used it) it did not at all remember what tunes you were playing/what you had queued up, etc. Every time I exited WMP, and then came back to it later, I had to re-queue my tunes that I wanted to play. That made me CRAZY.

So a few weeks ago I took another look at Pocket Player (www.conduits.com) and I have to say, it rocks. Literally. Saves my tunes for me when I leave and return to the app, it has a great Today screen plug-in, FULL SCREEN album art - it's very nice. Give the latest version 3.5 a shot and see what you think. Plus they have TONS of skins, although I really like the full screen album art.

And one other thing that made me crazy about WMP (vs what I was used to with PTunes) - with WMP, I was unable to turn off the screen via just hitting the red power button (to save some battery). With Pocket Player I can do that with no issues at all. Just one small thing that I had to have.

Just my two cents, but there ya go.....
  16.    #16  
    I've actually been trying pocket player for the past several days... and I like it I love the features. and like you said there are a ton of skins. it even adjusts the 240x320 screens to fit the player. that being said it takes up a lot of room and runs a little slow. takes a long time to start and close. I already have tcmp and wmp and pocket player... its just a bit much. and why not use wmp... its already built into the rom

does anyone else have square themes for wmp to recommend? this could be a good thread to post all square skins since they're so hard to find elsewhere.
    Now much is it, after the trial is over? looks good.
    Treo 700wx,755p,Htc Diamond...
    I can see if i can whip together a guide

or possibly make the skin if i get more details in what people want.
    I appreciate the thought, I was thinking of a Doctor Who/sci-fi type of theme, most of my phone is already, and I thought it would fit!! I am most definetly not a programmer, but I have dipped into skinning a bit, I have made a few for PocketCM, and I modify PhoneAlarm skins. I would love any help in learning a new type!!