1.    #1  
    This is what I was told to today by Palm

Me: I just recently ordered a 750, and it should be here any day now, can you tell me what expected day I can see the 750 update released on your site...
    Them: Sir, who is your carrier?
    Me: At&t
    Them: Well your in luck, At&t are now shipping out the 750's w/ WM6

(EXTATCIC RIGHT?!?!?!)

He then advised me just to be sure to give At&t a call....

At&t: Hello sir, how may I help you?
    Me: I was just told by palm that you would be shipping out the 750's with the WM6 update already on them, is this true?
    At&t: No sir, although the update is very, very close to launch, we aren't shipping any treos out with the WM6 update...
    Me:

I wish I could get a straight answer with these folks, whats the big hold-up, does anyone have any idea, when this thing is going to be released...

It's been what months, since the last time we heard about it...

Straight answer? Yeah, right.....
    All we've been getting for months are curve balls! It's either "really close to being released", "just around the corner" or "middle of next month".

December is quickly approaching and I'm beginning to wonder if we'll see a new device with WM6 on it before we see the WM6 update.
    I got WM6!

except I had to buy a Q9h to get it, but I got it. My 680 and 750 are on ebay right now and I could not be happier. Like I've seen some say here, buy the phone based on what it has now, not what is promised. I too fell for that too long.
  4.    #4  
    I'm not going to go as far as not buying a new palm, i mean windows 6 seems to look nice, and works better, but i'm a palm finatic, no way would i give it up!
    I gave up on Palm and switched to the iPhone :-)

Haven't picked up my 750 since other than to hard reset the baby so I can sell it on eBay!
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    This is getting a bit too much. I would switch to the Iphone if I could get my corp email on it.

I do like my 750 but the little bugs are starting to annoy me more and more each day.

Maybe it is time to go back to the crackberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrstruck View Post
    This is getting a bit too much. I would switch to the Iphone if I could get my corp email on it.

I do like my 750 but the little bugs are starting to annoy me more and more each day.

Maybe it is time to go back to the crackberry.
    You can actually get corporate email on it via IMAP. It's not the same as Exchange Active Sync for sure but it does work. Contacts/Appts still need to be synced with a computer (no OTA sync).

I do miss the Exchange Active Sync part of the Treo750 - that is a killer app for sure. I feel pretty confident though that with the release of the iPhone SDK an application for Exchange Active Sync won't be too far behind.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
    You can actually get corporate email on it via IMAP. It's not the same as Exchange Active Sync for sure but it does work. Contacts/Appts still need to be synced with a computer (no OTA sync).
    Push Email still won't work. While IMAP supports "IMAP Idle" which makes true Push Email possible over IMAP, Microsoft Exchange doesn't support this IMAP extension so far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
    I do miss the Exchange Active Sync part of the Treo750 - that is a killer app for sure. I feel pretty confident though that with the release of the iPhone SDK an application for Exchange Active Sync won't be too far behind.
    Oh really? What other email clients have been able to use the "Exchange Push Email" mode? While I grant you not having an SDK yet for the iPhone prevents such development for the iPhone, certainly other platforms provide enough programmability to implement any such documented/supported APIs that one might code up for the iPhone. And, yet, I haven't seen Email Clients that support Exchange Active Sync in the way Pocket Outlook, Outlook, and Outlook Express (not sure about that last one) do.
    Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post
    Push Email still won't work. While IMAP supports "IMAP Idle" which makes true Push Email possible over IMAP, Microsoft Exchange doesn't support this IMAP extension so far as I know.

Oh really? What other email clients have been able to use the "Exchange Push Email" mode? While I grant you not having an SDK yet for the iPhone prevents such development for the iPhone, certainly other platforms provide enough programmability to implement any such documented/supported APIs that one might code up for the iPhone. And, yet, I haven't seen Email Clients that support Exchange Active Sync in the way Pocket Outlook, Outlook, and Outlook Express (not sure about that last one) do.
    To clarify, I agree that there is nothing out there for WM other than the MS products that work well with Exchange Active Sync. Flex Mail is close I think but deals only with email not the other PIM parts of Active Sync that are so important.

However, Exchange Active Sync CAN Be licensed (there are rumors of course that Apple has already done this - the "Exchange Tab" in the email client is an interesting feature that is not explained clearly by apple anywhere that I have found).

We'll see what happens. Perhaps I am a little too optimistic but I have surprisingly found myself not missing Exchange Active Sync as much as I thought I would initially...
  10.    #10  
    Wow, so this post basically turned into a non-palm related thread. So back to the original question, WHO WANTS THE OFFICIAL WM6!?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiejames View Post
    Wow, so this post basically turned into a non-palm related thread. So back to the original question, WHO WANTS THE OFFICIAL WM6!?
    I do
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
    You couldn't pay me to take an idiotPhone