1.    #1  
    I used to use my Treo 750 on T-Mobile and got suckered into the whole iPhone thing. I kicked the iPhone and went back to the Treo 750 but now I am on AT&T. Yeah the data speed is a lot faster on AT&T but the battery life has gone in the toilet. I could careless about HSPDA since I just use data services for wireless sync to our Exchange server. I don't surf the web on my Treo.

Is there a way to "dumb" down the data connection on AT&T from HSPDA to GPRS so my battery lasts longer?
    Quote Originally Posted by crabkilla View Post
    I used to use my Treo 750 on T-Mobile and got suckered into the whole iPhone thing. I kicked the iPhone and went back to the Treo 750 but now I am on AT&T. Yeah the data speed is a lot faster on AT&T but the battery life has gone in the toilet. I could careless about HSPDA since I just use data services for wireless sync to our Exchange server. I don't surf the web on my Treo.

Is there a way to "dumb" down the data connection on AT&T from HSPDA to GPRS so my battery lasts longer?
    Sure, dont leave the connection on all day..Manually check mail and turn off the internet connection after.. My Treo lasts from 7pm Friday to 8am Monday morning with NO additional charging..

Get a utility to kill everything in memory with one stroke. I use Vbar.. When stuff is running in the background it kills battery. Turn off Bluetooth also..

By the way, you can kill the HSPDA in the Phone settings but there is no point.. Because the mail loads so much faster you only need to be retrieving for a short period of time..
  3.    #3  
    I wanted to leave my data connection on since I auto sync every 15 minutes. I know I could do everything manually, but I want to auto-sync. I certainly don't mind a slower data connection (like I had on T-Mobile) if I get more battery life out of it.

Bluetooth is turned off.
    I'm using the 750 and Exchange 2007 and I can get 2 days on a charge. (not a ton of talking..maybe an hour each day)

Are you sure your activesync is setup properly? When I was using IMAP to the exchange server, I'd kill a battery in less than 6 hours, but using Exchange Activesync it lasts an incredible amount of time.

(I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but ensure you're using Activesync, not just the "inbox" connected via IMAP to your exchange server)
  5.    #5  
    I am using ActiveSync for sync to Exchange server (no IMAP). It syncs every 15 minutes for 16 hours a day. When I traveled out of an HSPDA area for the holidays, I was connected via GPRS and everything worked great. It slower (no big deal) and my battery lasted a lot longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by crabkilla View Post
    I am using ActiveSync for sync to Exchange server (no IMAP). It syncs every 15 minutes for 16 hours a day. When I traveled out of an HSPDA area for the holidays, I was connected via GPRS and everything worked great. It slower (no big deal) and my battery lasted a lot longer.
    YOu can force GSM only under the phone settings "band selection" in one of the tabs.
    psycho- is giving you great advise. I keep my phone set to gsm only 99% of the time unless I am expected a large email or need some heavy webbing for something.

Start > Settings > Personal > Phone

Services Tab > Band Selection > Select network type

GSM

Hot OK

Good luck

Regards
    graylion