View Poll Results: Would you be interested in WM6 on your Treo 700wx?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Hell yes, OMG yes!!!

114 95.80%
  • No, I like WM5

4 3.36%
  • I no longer have my Treo

1 0.84%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bump

can't find this "700wx Hard SPL unlocker"
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm personally not interested. Weird, huh?
    I have been hoping to find wm 6.0 for my Treo 700 WX, and to see that there maybe a possibility of having it, has just made my day. Thank you, and count me in.

MICP 1480
    wm 6 is not all that great. not that many updates. i would not be interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennysangel View Post
    wm 6 is not all that great. not that many updates. i would not be interested.
    WM6, or 6.1 in particular, has some key security upgrades that make it suitable for a corporate enterprise, similar to a Blackberry. This is aavery big deal as now corporations may now have a real choice, and supporting WM6.1 phone costs little to nothing extra, in most cases.

Other than that, it has HTML mail, and a host of other improvements. I would not buy a new device solely for those improvements but I'd sure like to have them!
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    WM6, or 6.1 in particular, has some key security upgrades that make it suitable for a corporate enterprise, similar to a Blackberry. This is aavery big deal as now corporations may now have a real choice, and supporting WM6.1 phone costs little to nothing extra, in most cases.

Other than that, it has HTML mail, and a host of other improvements. I would not buy a new device solely for those improvements but I'd sure like to have them!
    BINGO. Being able to search my entire email database for an email instead of the last 3 days or week or whatever I have it set at, is a huge plus right there.
    I'd be down for this little "update".. Mainly because I would like to have a newer version of IE on the phone. Course, I was reading on M$'s website about WM6.1.. that it supports zooming in and out of the web pages that you are browsing. I really like that idea.
    From my research,
    It is not possible because the 750 is GSM phone app... same goes for using a 680 rom in a 700p/755p

As to custom roms, the 700wx is not HTC based so many people can't get support from xda-developers

See link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24255 for cooking (custom roms)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    From my research,
    It is not possible because the 750 is GSM phone app... same goes for using a 680 rom in a 700p/755p

As to custom roms, the 700wx is not HTC based so many people can't get support from xda-developers

See link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24255 for cooking (custom roms)
    LOL....Man....your all over this issue!!!!! I would tend to agree with you until I see otherwise.

Personally (to respond directly to the OP) I am just waiting on the 800W (not one of the choices in the poll), I think even if they get this to work, it will take away from other capabilities of the 700. These devices are built around the OS, so if we expand, or upgrade, we will most likely lose somewhere....memory, speed, resolution.......

(but hey....I could be wrong )
    I'd love to have it, but I know I never will, till I switch phones.....I'm seriously considering jumping ship to the iphone or some other GSM WM phone. I'm tired of CDMA networks being left in the dust.

Don't get me wrong, I love VZW's network, but I just want some more cool-up-to-date phones. The 700wx was outdated when VZW launched it, last year.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12