1.    #1  
    Hi all. I just downloaded Audacity and LAME to make my own ringtones from my MP3 files. I used a Floyd song as my first test and everything went fine until I tried to load the new ringtone to my phone. I was able to get it to my card and into PocketTunes (oddly with the original title, not the name I saved it with and used to transfer with QuickInstall), but how do I get it into my Sound manager (or whetever the name is for the place all of my standard Treo ringtones are)? Please help, this seems to be an awesome tool and I want to be able to use it to the fullest. TIA, Wyatt
    Oops. Deleted this, didn't realize this was for the 750.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 11/20/2007 at 12:39 PM.
    I have my ringtones saved as MP3's so, those work as well. As far as where to place them on your card, place them in the root directory and then they will show up in your ringtone list. By root directory I mean, open up your storage card and place the song right there, do not place it in any other folders. I have about 25 ringtones in this location and they all show up in my ringtone section.
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    Quote Originally Posted by flybbons View Post
    Hi all. I just downloaded Audacity and LAME to make my own ringtones from my MP3 files. I used a Floyd song as my first test and everything went fine until I tried to load the new ringtone to my phone. I was able to get it to my card and into PocketTunes (oddly with the original title, not the name I saved it with and used to transfer with QuickInstall), but how do I get it into my Sound manager (or whetever the name is for the place all of my standard Treo ringtones are)? Please help, this seems to be an awesome tool and I want to be able to use it to the fullest. TIA, Wyatt
    Go to Settings-->Sounds&Notifications-->Manage-->Menu-->Add, then select the mp3s from where you saved it (storage card?)
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
    When you do that, doesn't it actually copy the song onto the phone using up the phones memory?
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    Quote Originally Posted by wookiee2cu View Post
    When you do that, doesn't it actually copy the song onto the phone using up the phones memory?
    Not sure, anyone else know?
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?