1.    #1  
    So I just got a spankin' new 750. Set it up with WM 6 and all went perfect. I've never used a WM phone before, but got it up and running without much hassle. Even imported a bunch of Yahoo! contacts in without a problem. ActiveSync kind of sucks, though - what's up with that?

Anyway, I don't want this phone to have an internet connection. A little "E" and a little "G" keep popping up. I'm assuming that these are Edge and GPRS. Does an "H" pop up when in 3G territory? On my Palm OS phone I'm always prompted to go onto the data network. I like this because it I know when I'm about to accumulate KB. The 750 doesn't have a data plan, so I don't a million $$ bill. Can I make it ask me before using the data network? Can I shut it off entirely and just use it for voice?

Thanks!
    Just out of curiosity..

Why would you spend the bucks for a WM machine and load it with WM6 if you aren't gonna use the internet?
  3. yud
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Just out of curiosity..

Why would you spend the bucks for a WM machine and load it with WM6 if you aren't gonna use the internet?
    I can't answer for Cascade but I can answer for myself:

so I can use it as a phone/PDA. So I can load all my PDA apps. So I can manage my calendar and contacts when on the road. So I can download my 3 voicemail messages as email messages.

Besides, why on earth would I want to browse the net on a 240x240 screen when I always (ALWAYS) have at least one desktop and one laptop connected near by?

Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Just out of curiosity..

Pretty much what yud said. Ultimately it will be my wife's phone. I have a data plan on my phone (680) so I'll be able to play with the 3G connection when I put my SIM card in there. She would rarely use the data connection - certainly not enough to justify the additional cost. She needs a way to sync her PC and her phone.

By the way, we got the phone for $99, so it wasn't a huge deal. It cost less than some of the feature phones!