1. GadgetGuyForeva
    I was looking around in File Explorer today and I have a folder entitled "Realnetworks RealOne Player" with a file called "F401" inside. I can't delete either the file or the folder because I get an error that says "Cannot delete "Insert file name here": Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use." I just want to get rid of all of the RealPlayer files and this would be one of them. I don't have any sort of registry editor installed, but if having one installed would help, please advise me as to which one I should have. Thanks.
  2. GadgetGuyForeva
    Anyone?
  3. GadgetGuyForeva
    Come on. Someone must be able to help me. I know I can't be the only one with a problem like this.
    Someone was probably about to help you until you started getting pushy and demanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuyForeva View Post
    Come on. Someone must be able to help me. I know I can't be the only one with a problem like this.
    So... you found this file "somewhere in File Explorer" and you expect someone here to look at every file in every directory that exists on their Treo to tell you if they have it and if you need it?

If you were a little more specific as to the location maybe you'd get more cooperation.

-Frank
  6. GadgetGuyForeva
    So I'm being pushy and demanding?! I don't think so. All I wanted was an answer, but I suppose everyone else can get one and I can't. The folder is in Windows > AppMgr and the file is within it. Now all I want is to get rid of that folder and that one file within it. And please don't tell me that a hard reset is the only fix because I know a hard reset is not the fix for everything.
    The folder is in Windows > AppMgr and the file is within it.
    I don't have that folder at all. So you don't need it. Have you attempted to do a normal uninstall of the Realoneplayer App?

-Frank
  8. GadgetGuyForeva
    I went to "Remove Programs" and it was removed from there, but not from a few other places in File Explorer. I decided to do a hard reset, so it's all gone, but I would still like to try and figure out why it wouldn't delete.
    I went to "Remove Programs" and it was removed from there, but not from a few other places in File Explorer. I decided to do a hard reset, so it's all gone, but I would still like to try and figure out why it wouldn't delete.
    The most common reason why you cannot delete files is because they are "in use" when you try to delete them. In this case, since you say you "uninstalled" realoneplayer, yet the file(s) still appear to be in use, it sounds like a shoddy uninstall program. You can probably thank realoneplayer programmers for that.

-Frank