Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for a good GPS software for my Treo 750 WM6. is there any free option?
  2. #2  
    You have to be more specific about what you want. GPS software doesn't man anything and your phone already has necessary software to connect to a GPS.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  3. xdalaw's Avatar
    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #3  
    Try Google Maps and/or Windows Live Search for starters for limited free GPS software.

    And, try the "search" feature are well.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    You have to be more specific about what you want. GPS software doesn't man anything and your phone already has necessary software to connect to a GPS.
    I am looking for a sotfware that could track my route. I like going offroad with my ATV, and would like something to find my way back home
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by claudioc66 View Post
    I am looking for a sotfware that could track my route. I like going offroad with my ATV, and would like something to find my way back home
    Take your pick.

    http://www.maps-gps-info.com/fgpfw.html
  6. #6  
    http://www.outdoor-gps.de/ is quite good. It's free and tracks routes well but it has no support for background mapping.
    For a paid solution with background mapping I use GPSTuner.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  7.    #7  
    thanks a lot for your suggestions. I am trying the different options now.
  8. #8  
    This application looks really promising:
    http://luisespinosa.com/trackme_eng.html

    I also like RunGPS. Can be used for driving but is mainly for when you exercise.
    http://www.rungps.net/
    Treo 750 with:
    Wisbar Advance
    SBSH PocketWeather
    Resco Pocket Explorer
    Pocket Informant
    HSDPA Hack
    Logbook Pro APDL

    Owned lots of others including Original Palm, IBM Palm, Handspring, Treo 650... on an on...
  9. njperry's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by claudioc66 View Post
    I am looking for a sotfware that could track my route. I like going offroad with my ATV, and would like something to find my way back home
    Claudioc66, I am looking for the same thing as you. I like to ride my dirt bike in the desert around Phoenix, AZ. I have TomTom GPS Navigator 6 for my Treo 650, but it only has city and street maps, nothing offroad. Have you found a solution? Let me know if you do, at njperr@email.uophx.edu.

    Anyone know how I can get topographical maps to work with TomTom Navigator 6 on my Treo 650? I am trying to avoid buying a separate GPS device to use for outdoor recreation.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by njperry View Post
    Claudioc66, I am looking for the same thing as you. I like to ride my dirt bike in the desert around Phoenix, AZ. I have TomTom GPS Navigator 6 for my Treo 650, but it only has city and street maps, nothing offroad. Have you found a solution? Let me know if you do, at njperr@email.uophx.edu.

    Anyone know how I can get topographical maps to work with TomTom Navigator 6 on my Treo 650? I am trying to avoid buying a separate GPS device to use for outdoor recreation.
    I have tried Efficasoft GPS Utilities, which is quite good but not free. And then ODGPS which is free but less readable on the small screen of my treo750.
    But they are all WM applications and not Palm.
  11. #11  
    Ok, time for the dumb question of the day. Does the Treo750 have built in GPS or do i need to buy additional hardware for it to work? (i.e. live search and google maps)


    ---------------------------------------
    Nevermind, just looked on Microsofts website.....no internal GPS, anyone know of a decent reciever then?
    Last edited by bobafett8782; 11/26/2007 at 04:40 PM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafett8782 View Post
    Ok, time for the dumb question of the day. Does the Treo750 have built in GPS or do i need to buy additional hardware for it to work? (i.e. live search and google maps)


    ---------------------------------------
    Nevermind, just looked on Microsofts website.....no internal GPS, anyone know of a decent reciever then?

    Try th Freedom keychain receiver, the reviews are very good. Also, see the Amaze GPS site for free GPS
    http://www.amazegps.com
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    Try th Freedom keychain receiver, the reviews are very good. Also, see the Amaze GPS site for free GPS
    http://www.amazegps.com
    Amaze GPS won't work. The 750 doesnt have a Java Virtual Machine, and Amaze won't work without it.

    You might try Nav4All.

    Agree that the Freedom keychain receiver is an excellent product.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Amaze GPS won't work. The 750 doesnt have a Java Virtual Machine, and Amaze won't work without it.

    You might try Nav4All.

    Agree that the Freedom keychain receiver is an excellent product.
    You are right Amaze does not work for Treo750, yet. I was pointed there by a colleague with a CrackBerry. But I did see that Amaze is working on a WM version and looking for beta testers.
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Amaze GPS won't work. The 750 doesnt have a Java Virtual Machine, and Amaze won't work without it.
    Though putting a JVM on a WM Treo isn't a big deal.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Though putting a JVM on a WM Treo isn't a big deal.
    True enough - but I had no success getting Amaze to run using the IBM java emulator.

    Although if you have another suggestion, I'm always interested in learning more.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    Try th Freedom keychain receiver, the reviews are very good. Also, see the Amaze GPS site for free GPS
    http://www.amazegps.com
    I will look into that keychain. Thanks to all for your help.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    True enough - but I had no success getting Amaze to run using the IBM java emulator.

    Although if you have another suggestion, I'm always interested in learning more.
    Can't confirm that it will support Amaze, but you may want to try Esmertec.
  19. #19  
    Esmertec > IBM MIDP
    It runs Opera Mini 4 in full screen with hardware buttons and no crashing FTW
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    Esmertec > IBM MIDP
    FTW
    I would hope so - Esmertec = $50.00, IBM = free.

    That being said, Esmertec is on my list of things to try out when I have time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions