1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I just feel like I need to make public the letter I wrote to the FTC about AT&T's actions relating to the Treo 750 and WM5 problems. I encourage you to contact the FTC so that AT&T will get off their butts and do something about this problem instead of dedicating ALL resources to the iPhone.

My letter is as follows and was copied directly from the FTC's online complaint form:

Dear FTC:

Although the amount paid on this form only indicates $275 USD, that was the initial price of the phone, a Palm Treo 750 Smartphone. As for my monthly service charge, it ranges from $130 USD to $180 USD.

Prior to my purchasing the phone on March 28, 2007, I contacted AT&T (then Cingular Wireless LLC) multiple times to speak with multiple representatives while researching the phone. All confirmed that the Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 operating system (phone currently runs Windows Mobile 5) would be available no later than June 15, 2007. That date has come and gone months ago and AT&T will answer no questions regarding this issue. Every other wireless carrier in the world released this update months ago. The Windows Mobile 5 operating system included on this phone has serious errors that EVERY Treo 750 user is experiencing. The errors prevent the phone from functioning and answering calls. On AT&Tís online forums every time a question comes up about this, the forum administrator (an AT&T employee) deletes the question or hides it in a password protected section that consumers researching the phone and AT&Tís services cannot see. AT&T continues to make claims that the phone includes Windows Mobile 6 and has printed materials supporting this claim.
    I believe I have no further option than to report AT&T to the FTC as they will not respond to any of my written or verbal inquiries and refuse to acknowledge there is a problem with their products and services, thereby breaching their obligations as described in the service agreement. Furthermore, due to AT&Tís censorship on their forums and other actions, as well as printed collateral containing false information about this phone model (operating system), I believe that AT&T is preventing consumers from making a fair decision and is thereby unfairly influencing the marketplace in their favor.

I hope that the FTC can help resolve my issue and this problem with AT&T which is plaguing thousands of users of this phone nationwide.

DO WHAT YOU THINK NEEDS TO BE DONE TO FIX THE RUNAROUND AT&T HAS BEEN GIVING US!!! WE PAY MORE THAN THEIR BELOVED IPHONE USERS!
    This may be the funniest thing I've read in a month. If you think that the FTC, FCC, FDA or Fanything gives a rats *** about your phone problem, what happens on forums or anything to do with WM5, you're off the sanity chart. It is, in fact a proactive fix to a discovered 911 bug that is causing the current delay. Save your time and bandwidth with this kind of post.
    Quote Originally Posted by pugglewuggle View Post
    Hi everyone, I just feel like I need to make public the letter I wrote to the FTC about AT&T's actions relating to the Treo 750 and WM5 problems. I encourage you to contact the FTC so that AT&T will get off their butts and do something about this problem instead of dedicating ALL resources to the iPhone.

My letter is as follows and was copied directly from the FTC's online complaint form:

Dear FTC:

Although the amount paid on this form only indicates $275 USD, that was the initial price of the phone, a Palm Treo 750 Smartphone. As for my monthly service charge, it ranges from $130 USD to $180 USD.

Prior to my purchasing the phone on March 28, 2007, I contacted AT&T (then Cingular Wireless LLC) multiple times to speak with multiple representatives while researching the phone. All confirmed that the Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 operating system (phone currently runs Windows Mobile 5) would be available no later than June 15, 2007. That date has come and gone months ago and AT&T will answer no questions regarding this issue. Every other wireless carrier in the world released this update months ago. The Windows Mobile 5 operating system included on this phone has serious errors that EVERY Treo 750 user is experiencing. The errors prevent the phone from functioning and answering calls. On AT&Tís online forums every time a question comes up about this, the forum administrator (an AT&T employee) deletes the question or hides it in a password protected section that consumers researching the phone and AT&Tís services cannot see. AT&T continues to make claims that the phone includes Windows Mobile 6 and has printed materials supporting this claim.
    I believe I have no further option than to report AT&T to the FTC as they will not respond to any of my written or verbal inquiries and refuse to acknowledge there is a problem with their products and services, thereby breaching their obligations as described in the service agreement. Furthermore, due to AT&Tís censorship on their forums and other actions, as well as printed collateral containing false information about this phone model (operating system), I believe that AT&T is preventing consumers from making a fair decision and is thereby unfairly influencing the marketplace in their favor.

I hope that the FTC can help resolve my issue and this problem with AT&T which is plaguing thousands of users of this phone nationwide.

DO WHAT YOU THINK NEEDS TO BE DONE TO FIX THE RUNAROUND AT&T HAS BEEN GIVING US!!! WE PAY MORE THAN THEIR BELOVED IPHONE USERS!
    Wow. A new low.

Do not include me in your letter when you say EVERY owner experiences serious errors. My 750 with WM5 has operated flawlessly since the day I took it out of the box. When someone calls me, the phone rings, and I answer it. Exactly the way it's supposed to work. If you would resubmit your letter with a more accurate statement, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    Wow. A new low.

Do not include me in your letter when you say EVERY owner experiences serious errors. My 750 with WM5 has operated flawlessly since the day I took it out of the box. When someone calls me, the phone rings, and I answer it. Exactly the way it's supposed to work. If you would resubmit your letter with a more accurate statement, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I continue to be offended by those who criticize AT&T customers for exercising their right to complain about valid issues they have. Calling them low or questioning their sanity speaks volumes, not about those they criticize, but about themselves.

I don't know if the FTC will do anything, but I applaud anyone that wants to exercise their right to express their displeasure no matter what the forum.

Does this mean I am low or insane too? Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAESQ View Post
    Does this mean I am low or insane too?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    Yes
    Though I agree that attempts to suade the FTC, even if treated much more soberly than the OP's "letter", will end up in the government's version of "Who's On First", if effectiveness is your goal, lead by example. If not, continue trolling as you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by pugglewuggle View Post

Dear FTC:

The ďculture of entitlementĒ strikes againÖ
    Mine has operated fine except the friggin SD card having to entries upon reset with sprite. Gotta delete "storage card" and then take out the card and "storage card 2" goes back to normal. I am not in a UMTS market nor have I overloaded my phone with 157 programs. Everyone that I have talked to have had minor quirks but its a phone. As for you writing the FTC I can say that I hope it works out for you. I was unaware of their censorship but it is their site and have a legal right to edit it. I am not here to support or defend you or AT&T. If you want to take a chance have it unlocked and go to ada-developers and load a new ROM like rogers or vodaphone in. I here WM6 runs fine in those.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Very amusing... Gotta love it when someone takes this kind of time to voice is inability to work technology.

No problems with my Treo 750 and WM5, but I do like the WM6 update I installed a few months back.

WM6 is still Windows mobile and its inherently buggy and crashs.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Though I agree that attempts to suade the FTC, even if treated much more soberly than the OP's "letter", will end up in the government's version of "Who's On First", if effectiveness is your goal, lead by example. If not, continue trolling as you are.
    He asked a simple question. I gave a simple answer.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    This may be the funniest thing I've read in a month. If you think that the FTC, FCC, FDA or Fanything gives a rats *** about your phone problem, what happens on forums or anything to do with WM5, you're off the sanity chart. It is, in fact a proactive fix to a discovered 911 bug that is causing the current delay. Save your time and bandwidth with this kind of post.
    Insidr, this is the first I've heard of the "911 bug." Do you have any details that you can share? Is it in the radio firmware, the OS software, or somewhere else?

Thanks!
    -Craig
    To the best of my knowledge, AT&T nor Palm ever had a hard release date for WM6, just sometime "later in the year."
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Why don't you just sell the phone? The FTC doesn't care.