Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got the unbranded WM6 for the Treo 750 AT&T (or the unbranded for that matter). I pulled it from the real Palm WM6 update for the unbranded 750. My issue was that it uses a web based wizard, in which you have to mod an .xml file while running the installer (in order to trick the app into thinking yours is unbranded), and in the end, it didn't work (at least not completely). So I pulled this file and made it ready to go for a miniSD card install.

The install is perfect, all version numbers indicate a proper install and there are no whack programs on it.

FW Version: 1.54.00.00
    From Rev Version: 2.23

You get:
    - Office Mobile (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
    - PDF Viewer
    - Voice Command v1.6
    - Games (2)
    - Windows Live
    - Messenger
    - Remote Desktop Client
    - Internet Sharing
    - HSDPA (and it's definitely working correctly)

...and all the other nice Exchange and email type enhancements we've been told.

Post your email if you want it or if you have questions.

More Help
    =================================
    Remember:

1. This update is working great for me, but that may not be the case for everyone.
    2. As I stated in the post, this is the actual NBH file from Palm's unbranded WM6 update.
    3. Please post any questions you have, as I will assistance everyone to the best of my ability.

Now...Enjoy the update you deserve!

Instructions:

1. Grab your miniSD card (yeah, you need one of those now, at least 100MB will do)
    2. Format it using your PC to FAT32 with default allocation (this is how I did it, I've read about people using the handheld and various software, so....)
    3. Copy the NBG file to the card (once its' formatted you can copy using your PC, inserting the card and using infrared or Bluetooth, the USB cable, etc.)
    - Remember to copy the file to the root directory of the card, and I think it has to be the only file on the card (in my experience)
    4. With the card inserted into the Treo, push the reset pin while holding the side / PTT button (under the volume control)
    5. Continue holding the side / PTT button until the screen displays the prompt to start the update
    6. Press the (red) power button to start the update

The update will complete and the phone will initialize and go through the familiar startup prompts.
    Last edited by trueluck3; 11/17/2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    ovbhiedo at mac dot com.

Thanks in advance.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    chmsui at gmail dot com
    may i know the software version btw? 2.18, 2.19 or 2.23
    ThaPope.Entertainment at gmail dot com

Thanks !
    jeffspublicemail at gmail dawt com
    somebody want to upload this to rapid share or smtg?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    syn.hax3d at gmail dot com
    softmagnet at comcast dot net

Thanks!
    i want it. islanderflavor at gmail dot com
    matiberio <at> hotmail.com
    I would love a copy - jeffcrowley54 at gmail dot com.

Thanks!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Have you sent out copies of this ROM yet? I haven't received anything as of yet.

Thanks
    storm <at> 1badass4x4 dot com
    arrsen at gmail dot com
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54 View Post
    I would love a copy - jeffcrowley54 at gmail dot com.

Thanks!
    Roll Tide!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Pope View Post
    Roll Tide!
    Not to get the thread off topic, but we certainly didn't roll this past Saturday. I suspect Bear might have rolled over in his grave from embarrassment! But all wrongs are righted with a win on the plains this Saturday!!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Z7192 at hotmail dot com
    Thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by trueluck3 View Post
    I got the unbranded WM6 for the Treo 750 AT&T (or the unbranded for that matter). I pulled it from the real Palm WM6 update for the unbranded 750. My issue was that it uses a web based wizard, in which you have to mod an .xml file while running the installer (in order to trick the app into thinking yours is unbranded), and in the end, it didn't work (at least not completely). So I pulled this file and made it ready to go for a miniSD card install.

The install is perfect, all version numbers indicate a proper install and there are no whack programs on it.

FW Version: 1.54.00.00
    From Rev Version: 2.23

You get:
    - Office Mobile (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
    - PDF Viewer
    - Voice Command v1.6
    - Games (2)
    - Windows Live
    - Messenger
    - Remote Desktop Client
    - Internet Sharing
    - HSDPA (and it's definitely working correctly)

...and all the other nice Exchange and email type enhancements we've been told.

Post your email if you want it or if you have questions.

More Help
    =================================
    Remember:

1. This update is working great for me, but that may not be the case for everyone.
    2. As I stated in the post, this is the actual NBH file from Palm's unbranded WM6 update.
    3. Please post any questions you have, as I will assistance everyone to the best of my ability.

Now...Enjoy the update you deserve!

Instructions:

1. Grab your miniSD card (yeah, you need one of those now, at least 100MB will do)
    2. Format it using your PC to FAT32 with default allocation (this is how I did it, I've read about people using the handheld and various software, so....)
    3. Copy the NBG file to the card (once its' formatted you can copy using your PC, inserting the card and using infrared or Bluetooth, the USB cable, etc.)
    - Remember to copy the file to the root directory of the card, and I think it has to be the only file on the card (in my experience)
    4. With the card inserted into the Treo, push the reset pin while holding the side / PTT button (under the volume control)
    5. Continue holding the side / PTT button until the screen displays the prompt to start the update
    6. Press the (red) power button to start the update

The update will complete and the phone will initialize and go through the familiar startup prompts.
    I take it, this is no longer available? No link sent - Thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by softmagnet View Post
    I take it, this is no longer available? No link sent - Thanks anyway.
    Hasn't that NBG file been available at xda-dev?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast